Air India: An uphill battle for Tata?

it was a Money pit so long all Paid by us and about time it was brought under control.

I usually stay away from scroll because their reporting is always biased and they don't like anything good about India

All these news sources are all the same, so anti-national, no? They have nothing good to say about our "national" (pun intended) airline. It's a videshi conspiracy to defame our country. Boo Hoo! :rolleyes:

I think this is a CYA move, after the Nano debacle, in case something goes sideways or south bound.
Cheers,
Sid

I agree. It's also extremely funny he says that.
Anyways I hope things work out - regardless there will be a lot of pain/unrest- unions, employees, passengers, M.P's, ministers etc. I have been in many Indian Airlines flights delayed due to some VIP tripping over his Dhoti.
Cheers,
Sid

Every news media has some leaning..Scroll and Quint are more Left and there are enough Right leaning . The Print seems to be center these days
I found this Interesting, if you have the time. I usually run it is 1.25 speed ;)

BTW Scroll.in is part of the Omidyar network with alleged connects with George Soros

Every news media has some leaning..Scroll and Quint are more Left and there are enough Right leaning . The Print seems to be center these days
I found this Interesting, if you have the time. I usually run it is 1.25 speed ;)
<snip>
ROFL.
Have not seen this but SG has gotten better these days.
Still loves to throw in antiquated (mostly irrelevant) info every once in a while.
Cheers,
Raghu

Air India under GoI was a guzzler of honest tax payer's money. We should be relieved that it has gone to private hands. There will be no wastage of our money and no diversion of flights due to politicians.

Edit - SG is my companion in my morning walk with the dog. :)

1.10L Crore rupees of Taxpayers money Guzzler in last 10 years...

The Number of freebie to AI employees is disgusting, (for eg every employee is entitled to a fully paid international vacation every year is a least of the Amenities they enjoyed) Gladly GOI got rid of it. Just use iron fist against anyone who's unnecessarily creating a tension. The return of AI will breed a healthy competition amongst airlines, finally the end user will be benefitted

The way the deal is structured, tax payers are still going to be paying for a long time.
I feel sorry for the Tata Group - being what they are, their code of ethics, their morality etc, it will be years till they manage to turn this behemoth around, if at all. It needed to be bought by a ruthless group.

Edit: That claim of a freebie ticket (if that is indeed what is meant) to AI employees, is standard among most airlines and actually doesn't cost the airline much because the free passage is subject to load.

Last edited:
Strange how upset people are at the the benefit of others while they loose nothing. I hope everyone realizes that regardless of where their tax money went within the government, the amount collected would have been the same.

Either way we pay. and if not or this, for something else as our tax is not coming down :D But with this sale hopefully the service levels might just improve and air hostess might be able to do some work other than giving elderly blessings to the passengers.

No comments about the decision of Sir Ratan TATA, as he understands the game much much better then us (at least me).

Politically the news channel will interpret this in two different ways:

1. Modi sold one more asset of the nation.

2. Modi made the Govt Exchequer to get rid of a white elephant.

Let's wait and watch. It seems to be good for everyone except some Kaam chor

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back