Airtel xstream box performance

Bhushandn

Anyone using Airtel xstream box can post it's performance of audio & video specially through USB. Which file types it support and audio output from USB

Can u tel performance of internet tv
I too am currently using Airtel Internet TV and i would say its worst, not from display quality but overall user experience of the setup box and most worst is the remote, if you have powered off the main then on boot it takes hell lot of time to update the menu list and lot of lag when operating the remote as well, its batteries keep draining and if it fells down hardly but mostly you will have to repair it or change.
I too am gonna update to new stream box but looking for some comments from FM but i dont think many are using it.

this is based on my experience and hope it helps.

Can u tel performance of internet tv
Right now don't go for internet tv. Though display is excellent and getting satisfactory audio output upto DD+ only for HD channels.
Whatever mentioned by @Ghostrider is true. Remote is worst
Boot time is horrible
Drains battery quickly
It plays HEVC files through USB but sometime not getting DD output from USB

Using xstresm box. UI better and smoother than internet tv box. Usable enough to leave out fire stick or Chromecast. Sound still maxes out to DD+. Not tried usb

How about the remote part, i am sure you would have used internet box earlier and would have faced the remote issues.
Is navigation smooth and accurate without any lag / delay when buttons pressed.

Thanks

Internet tv was very bad in terms of gui response. Most of times when box was on for long times, it will respond to remote commands several seconds later. With xstresm box it's better like tv remotes. Not as gud as fire stick remote. Though u still sometimes get Bluetooth remote detection issue for which u need to restart box
I m stuck with Airtel due to it being only multi dish installed in our apartment. So quickly switches to whichever newer hardware offered by Airtel.
Another observation is that the box heats up quite alot, as much like my denon avr. So gud ventilation necessary for it too.

Using xstresm box. UI better and smoother than internet tv box. Usable enough to leave out fire stick or Chromecast. Sound still maxes out to DD+. Not tried usb
Can you please check and confirm output from USB if possible

I am using airtel xstream box.. Got it as free upgrade from internet TV as i opt for their 1899 one airtel plan..its a much better experience than internet box.. Better startup time and better responsive remote..Android experience is ok not upto standards of firestick.. It only supports FAT32 partitioned usbs.. EXFAT32 or NTFS not supported ..so size of one file transferable to USB is limited to 4gb, So a 4k box doesn't support NTFS lol.. Playback is smooth through USB.. I use vlc for it

Xstream box sends even stereo signals to AVR as DD+ by padding blank surround channels. Only Netflix, Hotstar and live HD channels produce real DD+. Prime video no surround.
From audio perspective, pure waste of money

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back