Airtel xtreme not sourcing dolby when connected to projector

Phanindra

Hi all,
I have airtel xtreme setup box. When I connect to tv i get dolby in my receiver but when i change hdmi cable to projector it is showing neo cinema in onkyo. Why does receiver audio changes when hdmi cable changed from tv to projector.

note: as my receiver is old i only connect to receiver from airtel xtreme through optical fiber. No hdmi option in receiver.

AVR-STB optical cable
TV-STB hdmi
PJ-STB hdmi
I swap TV hdmi cable of TV and PJ only for video.
Audio is same connection for TV or PJ

Check the audio settings in STB and configure so as to output DD 5.1 or DD 2.0 signal always. I guess the STB upon sensing the PJ is switching to stereo output. Need to dig more...
Connect to PJ and change the sound mode on AVR from Neo to DD. If you swap now PJ-TV-PJ, is the Neo mode back?

Connect to PJ and change the sound mode on AVR from Neo to DD. If you swap now PJ-TV-PJ, is the Neo mode back?

Cant find DD in AVR after connecting to PJ. Automatically changes to neo. If we swap to TV and restart STB then DD is back. Same doesn’t work when i connect to PJ and restart STB.

Cant find DD in AVR after connecting to PJ. Automatically changes to neo. If we swap to TV and restart STB then DD is back. Same doesn’t work when i connect to PJ and restart STB.
It's weird . Looks like your Tv is enabling bitstream DD audio settings from your airtel xtreme box , somehow when connected to TV.
Did you try with any movies with Dolby digital enabled from your airtel settop box?. Is it still playing on Neo ?
There should be a Audio option from your airtel xtreme box to set to Bitstream or PCM (and Dolby digital by ) default.
Check this video , it might help

There was an update to xtreme setup box one month back thereafter we are not getting this option to choose audio settings.
I tried with hbo hd channel as well when connected to PJ and it shows neo

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back