Aiwa System- Help Needed.

devilwearsprada

Guys, I needed a little help.
I have an AIWA system, its an old model. It has 2 Speakers with an Amplifier+Disc Changer.
I have an Onkyo 3400, and would like to connect the speakers to the amp. As the amp. has space for two more speakers(Speaker A), how do I connect the speakers to the amp. directly i.e. without its receiver.
Is it possible?
Is it Safe?

Yes, mostly music systems use 6 ohms speakers and you can use that. Please check how many speaker wires in each speaker.... some use 1 as common and some use 2 (1 common for mid/tweeter, and 1 for passive subwoofer) Many Aiwa models has 4 terminals for each channel (Total 8)
E.g. Left Channel : + - (for Mid/Tweeter) + - (for passive subwoofer) 4 wires each speaker
Same with right channel.

If your Aiwa speakers has 1 wires, you can connect that to Onkyo, I think it supports speakers from 6-16 ohms but make sure, Many people are using these hi-fi speakers for rear channels
And if 2 wires, you can connect that to Subwoofer point, I guess your Onkyo has option to run passive subwoofer.

Guys, I needed a little help.
I have an AIWA system, its an old model. It has 2 Speakers with an Amplifier+Disc Changer.
I have an Onkyo 3400, and would like to connect the speakers to the amp. As the amp. has space for two more speakers(Speaker A), how do I connect the speakers to the amp. directly i.e. without its receiver.
Is it possible?
Is it Safe?

why you are attaching those speakers? what u r going to achieve?

Umm, The speakers were getting waste, my dad love that pair. He wants me to attach them.
No, Onkyo doesn't have an option for another subwoofer. I already have a 5.1 system attached. How do I use these 2 speakers. They have 2 wires each.

Umm, The speakers were getting waste, my dad love that pair. He wants me to attach them.
No, Onkyo doesn't have an option for another subwoofer. I already have a 5.1 system attached. How do I use these 2 speakers. They have 2 wires each.

BY YOUR HIGHLY INFORMATIVE POST ..

IMHO, their is a limit to what an ear can perceive. Eventually after a period of 3 Months - 6 Months, most of the speakers sound the same. I would believe, that there is not extraordinary crisp clarity than can come from a $10,000 Speakers, that can not come for good floorstanders from brands like Klipsch, Jamo etc. I auditioned the RF-82II from Klipsch recently and found them to be amazing. Came back home, tried to tweak a lot of settings on my system(Onkyo-3400), and could feel 90% of the sound at 1/3rd the price. Speakers like this might give you a sound or two extra, but are seriously not worth the steep price. You might not sit at home all day just to listen to music on your $10000 system, but rather want a great bang for your buck.
Also, surprisingly Sony should not make such a steep offering. They have some great sounding systems. But all their systems(>Rs.20000) are nothing in front of the competitors.

:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::yahoo::clapping:

is your system 6 months old??? so your speakers sound like Aiwa , Sony , Technics ,Kilpash , JBL , B&W ,MBL , Bose or THOSE cheap chinese dhamdham speakers.. it is almost like your roadsides high heels turning in Prada!!

YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU CAN BECOME!!!!

wait for those 6 months!!!

is your system 6 months old??? so your speakers sound like Aiwa , Sony , Technics ,Kilpash , JBL , B&W ,MBL , Bose or THOSE cheap chinese dhamdham speakers.. it is almost like your roadsides high heels turning in Prada!!

Uh, Sir I am not Sure, I even understand that? :confused:
Can you elaborate?

I have an Onkyo HTS-3400, which I use as a home theater, Now i want to connect 2 more speakers to it which work as speakers B/A, as my dad loves those 8 year old stuff for listening to Radio.
If you have a solution then help, your post seem irrelevant.

As per YOU any speakers sounds SAME .....

Quiet surprising you are not able to understand YOUR quote...

So Kya Aiwa kya Onkyo ------ all sound the same ...... so why hassle of attaching?

- Sub kuchmoh maya hain...!

I understand, as you already have 5.1 speaker attached so there is no reason to connect them. But if you still want to use them
Use speaker switcher and connect front speaker output to this switcher then select your Aiwa or front speakers (5.1) by selecting the buttons.

Another way to utilize those speaker is to purchase new cheaper amplifier (800/-to 1000/-) with USB/FM/Line In features and use it for Radio listening/Stereo purpose, even would be easier to operate for your father.

You can connect another pair of speakers to the fronts, your receiver has two sets of front speaker connections (A+B) for this exact purpose. Check the speaker's power rating and ohms ratings and if they match with your receiver then it is safe to use. If its one of those Mini Hi-Fi systems then your speakers would be most probably be safe to use with your Onkyo.

Connect the Aiwa speakers to the Front B set and the Onkyo speakers to Front A. If I am right then I think you can operate the speakers in 3 modes - front A mode - you will get 5.1 sound, in A+B mode you will get 2.1 channel and in B mode you will get 2 channel sound.

I have an Onkyo HTS-3400, which I use as a home theater, Now i want to connect 2 more speakers to it which work as speakers B/A, as my dad loves those 8 year old stuff for listening to Radio.
If you have a solution then help, your post seem irrelevant.

Funny if you read the older thread and YOUR postings

http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/43196-sony-ss-na2es-speakers-10-000-worth.html#post485742

OP was wondering how good the speakers are - WITHOUT KNOWING -AND WITHOUT CHECKING SONY'S HISTORY IN HI FI - which is available by googling - you gave your INFORMED & UNBIASED opinion --I was not able to find the relevance .. so please can you help and my logic is kind of weak....

Yes, If your Onkyo has A+B option, then it's good.

You can connect another pair of speakers to the fronts, your receiver has two sets of front speaker connections (A+B) for this exact purpose. Check the speaker's power rating and ohms ratings and if they match with your receiver then it is safe to use. If its one of those Mini Hi-Fi systems then your speakers would be most probably be safe to use with your Onkyo.

Connect the Aiwa speakers to the Front B set and the Onkyo speakers to Front A. If I am right then I think you can operate the speakers in 3 modes - front A mode - you will get 5.1 sound, in A+B mode you will get 2.1 channel and in B mode you will get 2 channel sound.

Funny if you read the older thread and YOUR postings

http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/43196-sony-ss-na2es-speakers-10-000-worth.html#post485742

OP was wondering how good the speakers are - WITHOUT KNOWING -AND WITHOUT CHECKING SONY'S HISTORY IN HI FI - which is available by googling - you gave your INFORMED & UNBIASED opinion --I was not able to find the relevance .. so please can you help and my logic is kind of weak....

Sir, With all due respect, I believe, a pair of speakers was getting waste, and I would like to use it. That is it about it?
The Post is different. I did not understand your question though?

Hi you can very well use by connecting to the B speaker system. I had used that combination after buying my first AVR. For your father's purpose they are more than enough.

Further nothing wrong in retaining / using old speakers if u like them, I still use our aiwa speakers (our first hifi set) in my room driven by a tripath amp and they do sound good enough for the purpose.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back