Alexa in RX-V585

Prashanth_24

Hi, I recently bought Yamaha RX-V585 and in there website it is mentioned about Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant support. But alexa is not working with the receiver and I found that it is not supporting in India. Any other option to make it work?

Check if there are any pending firmware updates and complete them. This might open up some features which are not in the factory version of the firmware.

Home automation skill is not enabled for Yamaha AVRs in India. I have written numerous emails to Yamaha support last year, they said it's coming in few months but it hasn't. There has been quite a few updates on AVR and the last one was in Apr - things haven't changed, sadly.

Hi, I recently bought Yamaha RX-V585 and in there website it is mentioned about Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant support. But alexa is not working with the receiver and I found that it is not supporting in India. Any other option to make it work?

Hi

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find most of the answers to your queries or challenges related to AV in the knowledge rich threads we have on this excellent website. Please browse the various sections.

Looking forward to engaging with you in the near future.

Best Wishes

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back