Alienware X51 R2 with Nvidia GTX 670 2gb for Triple monitor setup? Help!

Also, I purchased Dirt 3 and installed it on my mid 2009 21.5" iMac. The performance was crap even at 1024x768 resolution. I just wanted to see how it'd perform out of sheer curiosity. Total time waste.

Last edited:
Bump!

I ordered one Dell U2414H today! :D

The Benq is yet to ship tomorrow. Do you guys think that I should cancel the Benq? Dell will take 3 weeks to deliver the monitor. Afaik, it comes with a very light version of the anti glare coating. So it should be fine for me. But it has dual hdmi, mini display port and display port. Which ports and which cables should I use if I plan on dell u2414h triple monitor setup? Quick replies would be highly appreciated because if you guys would suggest me to cancel the benq, then I need to do it in the morning first time!!

Much thanks.

What does your graphics card have as output? simply use that. Also check what cables the display comes with. That should solve your dilemma.

Hi ROC, any thoughts on whether I should go ahead with the benq as well or should I cancel it when I have time now? What do you suggest?

Depends on how many displays you need. If you are okay with just one, then I'd say cancel the Benq. I personally can't live without two displays.

Dude I want to have a 3 monitor setup and be able to run racing and little bit of fps games at 5760x1920 resolution. Graphics is GTX 670 2gb as mentioned in the subject.

Please reply back asap if you can. Thanks!

Did you buy 3 of each or just one? If you just bought one each, then get one more of the display that you like better. I have no personal experience with the above Benq so I can't really comment about that one. All I can say is that the Dell Ultrasharps are good - have been using them for 8+ years.

I bought 1 of each Benq and Dell. I appreciate that you replied back to my questions to the best of your knowledge. The Benq was shipped yesterday and the Dell according to their email say that the monitor should be delivered by 13th Feb.

Do you game as well on your Dell Ultrasharps? How is your experience?

Hi again everyone!

I got my Dell U2414H last week. Looks nice with almost negligible border.

Now, I have connected the Dell to my Alienware x51 via mini display port (on my monitor) to display port (on x51). The other BenQ XL2411T has been connected via Dual DVI port. I have not calibrated any of the displays. The Dell to my surprise seems very dull. I know that as I am not aware of the best settings for everyday mix bag usage. So it is in default factory settings at the moment. I have adjusted the brightness and contrast on the BenQ on a very amateur level just so much so that it doesn't hurt my eyes much.

I have the following queries:
1. How to make a resolution of 3840x1080 for dual monitor setup?
2. How to calibrate both BenQ as well as Dell monitors for optimum viewing experience? What are the best settings that I can do according to your experience. I want a blend of great colors but not so much that it hurts my eyes. I also basically want both of them to be on a similar viewable setting so that I can learn and understand the 144hz difference as well as other differences between both the monitors. In the end, after thorough analysis, I will order 2 more monitors of either BenQ or the Dell for a triple monitor gaming setup.

Any/All help in this regard would be more than appreciated. Cheers! :)

Hi again everyone!

I got my Dell U2414H last week. Looks nice with almost negligible border.

Now, I have connected the Dell to my Alienware x51 via mini display port (on my monitor) to display port (on x51). The other BenQ XL2411T has been connected via Dual DVI port. I have not calibrated any of the displays. The Dell to my surprise seems very dull. I know that as I am not aware of the best settings for everyday mix bag usage. So it is in default factory settings at the moment. I have adjusted the brightness and contrast on the BenQ on a very amateur level just so much so that it doesn't hurt my eyes much.

I have the following queries:
1. How to make a resolution of 3840x1080 for dual monitor setup?
2. How to calibrate both BenQ as well as Dell monitors for optimum viewing experience? What are the best settings that I can do according to your experience. I want a blend of great colors but not so much that it hurts my eyes. I also basically want both of them to be on a similar viewable setting so that I can learn and understand the 144hz difference as well as other differences between both the monitors. In the end, after thorough analysis, I will order 2 more monitors of either BenQ or the Dell for a triple monitor gaming setup.

Any/All help in this regard would be more than appreciated. Cheers! :)

@eddie if anyone wish to run dual/triple monitor setup one is supposed to go with a same brand with same model monitors. no two monitors will look same as the contrast ratio's wil lbe diffrent and whatever settings you do will not suffice. if possible please go ahead and get the same make and model. it will look better asthetically and practically for usage. even same models of diffrent year have diffrent picture quality. i can confirm that.

for multi monitor usage if its a windows based system. you can directly go to windows display properties and configure to extend your display.

either way click on nvidia/ati icon in tray icons and multiple display can be configured easily on the same.

extended display and keep resolution same on both and you will be done.

Back