All in one source

naviworks

Am settting up a home theater and am still amateur in this field....... while browsing this forum for a suitable source, some doubts popped up...hope the gurus will throw light

1)The original movie dvd or bluray disc we buy have options like scene selection, subtitles,director's cut,extra or deleted scenes etc along with dolby,surround and likes.... is there any site which provides all these which can be downloaded to a HD Media player (am ready to pay or subscribe).

The bottom line is i dont want to stack up discs which i eventually end up getting scratched or lend to a friend (which seldom comes back), but wants the features of the disk:)

2)my cousin got a good collection of dvds bought frm US. is there any media player which can rip those and store?....also these discs r write protected and US regional....so...any joy?:eek:

3)is there any 3D ready media player?

thanx in advance...

naviworks, I myself am not too good with whatever you have asked about. But I can suggest a coupla members who might be able to help you: Aneelr, santhol2 off the top of my head. Try PM ing them to get their attention to this thread.

1. You can download the subtitle file, but some media player will not be able to play it separately (playing srw file with the media), so you may have to download movies with in built subtitle.
2. Segate and other companies have media player with in built storage which can help you , but for ripping i guess you need your computer, region can be unlocked via software, a simple search will provide you plenty of options.
3. Not heard of any 3D ready media player. But if your TV is 3D, why you require that feature. Having that feature does not make any sense unless your viewing device support 3D ..

3. Not heard of any 3D ready media player. But if your TV is 3D, why you require that feature. Having that feature does not make any sense unless your viewing device support 3D ..

in future if i buy 3D TV, the media player should be able to play 3D contents right?

For DVD titles, you can look for ISO files which are typically a full rip (remux) of the movie. Similar remux downloads for blu ray also exists but don't know if they carry all the extraz.

As far as subtitles and multiple audio tracks are concerned, almost all DVD / Blu ray formats can contain them in single file (VOB/ MKV etc).

The solution is that you copy image of the DVDs ISO and similar like formats. Use a media player which supports ISO formats, subtitles and all features which you need.

The required information will be there in the ISO, what is required is a media player to decode and play. Xtreamer may be good option.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back