All That Jazz ...

Thursday late night listening ...

ab67616d0000b2730243e3d6b3d1c6c54f4d5282

Is anyone in Bangalore heading to RSD events this weekend? I went to the one at the Record Room yesterday. Really cool spot although not much on sale, picked up a Jean-Luc Ponty and Deodato record. Plan to go to the one at The Courtyard today.

Is anyone in Bangalore heading to RSD events this weekend? I went to the one at the Record Room yesterday. Really cool spot although not much on sale, picked up a Jean-Luc Ponty and Deodato record. Plan to go to the one at The Courtyard today.
I had no idea that RSD had hit B’lore as well! How was the scene at The Courtyard?
Am also curious as to which Ponty album you picked up. These are the only ones I have that feature jazz violin:

IMG_2042.jpeg

I had no idea that RSD had hit B’lore as well! How was the scene at The Courtyard?
Am also curious as to which Ponty album you picked up. These are the only ones I have that feature jazz violin:

View attachment 84077
RSD at The Courtyard was pretty cool. Had an all-vinyl set by some DJ. The records were mostly reissues with a small used section. Most of the stock was a tad bit overpriced compared to what I can find online but still picked up a reissue of Minnie Riperton's Come To My Garden.

The Ponty record I got was a near-mint Japanese pressing of Enigmatic Ocean. Didn't know L.Subramaniam and Grappelli played together! His album on ECM 'Who's to Know' is a big-time favourite.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back