All That Jazz ...

Awesome! If they are playing the same set then you will hear the first song of this album "Hippie" to kick things off.
Haffner is an amazing percussionist and has played with the who's who of the jazz world.

Enjoy the show!

Some of us miss out on these events. I suggest we can all post forthcoming jazz events in our cities on this thread. This will be useful to residents of that City or visitors, e.g., I happen to be in tomorrow. Alternatively, we can start a more general thread to cover all music events, not just jazz.

Cheers

Some of us miss out on these events. I suggest we can all post forthcoming jazz events in our cities on this thread. This will be useful to residents of that City or visitors, e.g., I happen to be in tomorrow. Alternatively, we can start a more general thread to cover all music events, not just jazz.

Cheers

Great suggestion. Done! Thread has been started here

Talking of amazing percussionists, here's one that really impressed with her castanet (not exactly jazz but mesmerizing nonetheless).
Thanks Joshua, found El barroco español en castañuelas on Tidal. Lovely ! TFS

ciao
gr

PS: the speed and detail of the Maggies are evident here. Did not hear castanets in my previous setup sound anything like this "every claw of every velociraptor" in the words of the son.

Last edited:
Hey yesterday was Day 2 of the Mumbai Jazz Festival that I attended. There was Brazilian Jazz (Jazz Samba Express) and very traditional jazz by Ari Roland Quartet (which included jazz version of two Hindi songs, including "Yeh dosti" and the other that I couldn't recognise (inner Tamilian in me woke up and said "what?!!"). It was really great fun and worth going - not a night of blistering solos, with short pieces dominating, but swung!

Here is one amazing thing - the sound quality - they got it just right. You got the feeling that you were listening to direct sound.

Not enough people dancing, sadly....

Cool...no other word to describe this bassist - Larry Graham of Graham Central and Sly & The Familystone...

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back