Allo LPS Shanthi

mshifi

Any users feeb back for Allo Shanthi LPS. Does it make a major difference in Audio quality compared to standard dc converter.

Any users feeb back for Allo Shanthi LPS. Does it make a major difference in Audio quality compared to standard dc converter.
Made a clear and audible difference in my chain. Though I don't use it anymore, as I got a LPS custom built with CRC filtering for the transport board.

I know around 4 to 5 people who use it and all are happy with the improvement

It depends, based on the thing it provides power to.

Example if we attach to raspberrypi which by itself creates noise, then the improvement is not significant.

another example if we use it for a digital - to - digital convertor, then improvement is significant. e.f. ifi convertor.
another example if use in allo signature versions, to power the clean side, improvement is significant. the reason is clean side is mainly used for digital - to - digital conversion and not powering the rpi.

another example if we attach to an external dac which is basic, then it can provide improvement.

Last edited:
It depends, based on the thing it provides power to.

Example if we attach to raspberrypi which by itself creates noise, then the improvement is not significant.

another example if we use it for a digital - to - digital convertor, then improvement is significant. e.f. ifi convertor.
another example if use in allo signature versions, to power the clean side, improvement is significant. the reason is clean side is mainly used for digital - to - digital conversion and not powering the rpi.

another example if we attach to an external dac which is basic, then it can provide improvement.
planning to use with allo usb bridge

planning to use with allo usb bridge
As Kannan mentioned, you can first try with a different power source and hear the variations. e.g. try with another mobile charger, try with a mobile power bank , try with mobile power from mobile micro usb, etc. If possible can try with batteries aswell... but 1.5 V and 3 batteries would give 4.5 volts.
They should be connected to the clean side. When you are convinced that power supply indeed can change the sound, then definitely can try a linear power supply.

Allo introduced another low noise power supply "Nirvana", which is quite cheaper compared to Shanti. Its having only one output at 2.85A/5V, in case it help you, is available on Fabtolab.

Allo introduced another low noise power supply "Nirvana", which is quite cheaper compared to Shanti. Its having only one output at 2.85A/5V, in case it help you, is available on Fabtolab.
I have seen that which is an SMPS. Some have said that shanthi would be better.

What are you trying to power? What are you hearing?
What difference are you expecting to hear?

Allo themselves claim that Nirvana comes close to Shanti-LPS at a fraction of cost.
Worth checking out.

Cheers,
Raghu

What are you trying to power? What are you hearing?
What difference are you expecting to hear?

Allo themselves claim that Nirvana comes close to Shanti-LPS at a fraction of cost.
Worth checking out.

Cheers,
Raghu
Trying to power the Allo usb bridge. Looking at getting cleaner sound, better instrument separation.

Trying to power the Allo usb bridge. Looking at getting cleaner sound, better instrument separation.
Well ...
I have the Digione (non signature with stock PS), cousin of USBridge. The sound is clean and separation is surprisingly good.
Get the stock PS and try it out. If you feel the DAC is not giving you the above then try out the LPS or low-noise SMPS.
Have punched it through 3 chains (downstream). No gremlins.
Cheers,
Raghu

Well ...
I have the Digione (non signature with stock PS), cousin of USBridge. The sound is clean and separation is surprisingly good.
Get the stock PS and try it out. If you feel the DAC is not giving you the above then try out the LPS or low-noise SMPS.
Have punched it through 3 chains (downstream). No gremlins.
Cheers,
Raghu
I am using the stock PS. There has been good improvement compared with the laptop. Wondering how much more improvement we would get with the LPS.

As @Kannan suggests try with a 10000 or 20000 mAH powerbank.
Just make sure the output current is at least 2-2.5A
If you hear improvement, then it is worth exploring Shanti or Nirvana.

Cheers,
Raghu

As @Kannan suggests try with a 10000 or 20000 mAH powerbank.
Just make sure the output current is at least 2-2.5A
If you hear improvement, then it is worth exploring Shanti or Nirvana.

Cheers,
Raghu
Cant use a micro usb to power it. Can use only a pin to power it.

Cant use a micro usb to power it. Can use only a pin to power it.
That's odd. The USBridge Signature has a type-C socket for power.
Is this the older version or something with only a barrel jack/socket?

The Digione comes with a type-C too but they provided a pig-tail to accommodate barrel jack of the wall wart.
Cheers,
Raghu

Does using an Allo Shanti make any difference but replacing the power cable/adaptor for the laptop?
I doubt if replacing PS of laptop will make a difference.
Laptops use 19V bricks (noisy)
Laptops has lots of high speed digital components, circuits (noisy)
All of this noise can ride on the USB out off laptop.

Products like Allo, iFi, take the USB from laptop/desktop and clean it up.
They also may have an independent PS which the clean up.

Cheers,
Raghu

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back