Allo New Transport Products

I could not do an extensive comparison of USBridge and Digione as USBridge worked only with one of my four dacs. I think the usb implementation on two of the dacs is not compatible with unix.

On gungnir both worked effortlessly. Between USBridge and Digione I wouldn't say any one of them is better than the other. I feel both are at same level but the implementation of usb and coax in the dac actually make a difference in addition to the cables used.

I wanted to confirm that by comparing both on multiple dacs which did not happen ultimately due to above reason. In my opinion one would be very happy with either of them as souce and it costs way less than fancy streamers and sources.

Hi
From what I understand from reading the webpage of Allo usbridge is that first it makes very less noise as a usb out feeding to a usb input of a dac when combined with a Allo sparky
Second , is that it reclocks all the usb stream coming from the saprky before feeding to the dac

Many usb reclocker like uptone and w4s work on the same principle and the new uptone reclocker as well as the new usb interface of the schiit has better clocks then previous generation products of their own company and plus usb galvanization

So if you may have any of these products how does the usbridge perform against them ? And does the usbridge have usb isolation?

I know it's not so easy to compare because so many parameters come into consideration but if you can give shed some light and confirm it does work as these other usb reclockers work, it would be great

I could not do an extensive comparison of USBridge and Digione as USBridge worked only with one of my four dacs. I think the usb implementation on two of the dacs is not compatible with unix.

On gungnir both worked effortlessly. Between USBridge and Digione I wouldn't say any one of them is better than the other. I feel both are at same level but the implementation of usb and coax in the dac actually make a difference in addition to the cables used.

I wanted to confirm that by comparing both on multiple dacs which did not happen ultimately due to above reason. In my opinion one would be very happy with either of them as souce and it costs way less than fancy streamers and sources.

The USBridge comes bundled with the sparky, also the sparky usb ports have less noise compared to a Raspberry pi can you also try the sparky with your usb dac and compare it with the USBridge with sparky combo

thanks

Which softwares are you using with digione and usbridge ? i couldn't get any of them working with my dac.
I installed volumio special edition for digione but my WiFi dongle tplink WN725N is not working with that although it works with mainstream volumio. In usbridge they sent me dietpi although i asked for volumio. Dietpi detects my dac, i can see it using aplay -l but no sound.

During last weekend I spent quite a lot of time on getting digione and usbridge working. I installed dietpi on both but it took some time to figure out various features of dietpi. I installed sqeezebox server, sqeezlite player & share port sync and finally got both of them working. :yahoo:

Started with digione first and some random mix tracks from ripped CDs of lagaan, devdas, Vicky donor & hotel california. With digione the improvement was very easily noticable its the most refined and natural pleasing sound I heard from my system.
I had tried various softwares moode, rune audio, volumio. Recently, I was using my HP laptop with daphile on it. But, none of them gave so much clarity and pleasing music.
I kept on listening and trying random songs and everything was better. There was very natural smoothness around each sound and every instrument was more separated and noticable. Even the old songs downloaded from saregama which never sounded good to me were enjoyable.

I also have ?igi+ which I used for time and now lying unused because usb input from daphile on my laptop is much better. But, digione sounds much better and natural than my daphile laptop.

I tried usbridge also and kept on switching between digione and usbridge, it sounded almost same as digione. I had set the cpu governer to max frequency because this setting on daphile seems to make a positive difference. But, sparky with usbridge gets more heated than pi with digione. CPU was 61 degrees while on pi it was around 48 without heat sinks.

24/192 recording of hotel California seemed better in usbridge but overall i felt digione had more open sound. I guess changes might be because of usb and spdif reciever implementations inside dac.
I exchanged few mails with maker of dac Kingwa about it.
usb reciever on my dac is not very latest but no external spdif reciever is used, es9018 uses spdif as native input so there is no additional processing involved.
This might result in some very slight difference I hear between two. But I am not sure about it might just be my perception.

Which softwares are you using with digione and usbridge ? i couldn't get any of them working with my dac.
I installed volumio special edition for digione but my WiFi dongle tplink WN725N is not working with that although it works with mainstream volumio. In usbridge they sent me dietpi although i asked for volumio. Dietpi detects my dac, i can see it using aplay -l but no sound.

Apologies for a very late response. I am using volumio version 2.222 that Allo support has given me link of for USBridge. Using volumio on digione as well.

Currently I am trying to send logs to Allo support so that they can check why usbridge is not working with all my dacs.

Have received Allo USBridge and its working flawlessly out-of-the-box! Using Volumio as loaded by Allo team. Didn't have to tweak anything!

Have powered the sparky and USB boards independently.

Kudos to the Allo team for creating such a great product, here in India! :thumbsup:

I can say this is sounding much better than RPi3 in my system :)

Highly recommended!

Appreciate Satya and Amit for their inputs!

Last edited:
Congrats kvm on your purchase!!! :)

Do let us know your impressions compared to other previous sources you had/have.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back