Aloha!

nagwani

Hello Everyone!

First off - awesome site! I've been lurking around HFV for a while and have learnt quite a few things! Thanks a lot.

I was recently bitten by the Vinyl bug and picked up a Pro-Ject Essential Line and a couple of LPs.

Good to be here!

Regards,
DeeJay

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

@koushik - not much in my setup, pretty frugal and barebones.

Home Setup
Denon AVR - 1612
Tannoy Mercury V4 Fronts
Pro-Ject Essential Record Player
Cambridge Audio Azur 651P Phono Preamp
Synology DS 213 for storing everything
A custom built HTPC running off of a 16GB USB - Planning to replace this with Cubox i4

Car Setup:
Pioneer 3350-BT
CerwinVega Amp
JL Audio Components
Diamond 10" Sub

Nice. I am too on the way to build another dedicated music streamer with Beaglebone Black. Yet to decide between Linux MPD, Volumio or Daphile. Let's see. Have you decided on anything software wise?

Nice. I am too on the way to build another dedicated music streamer with Beaglebone Black. Yet to decide between Linux MPD, Volumio or Daphile. Let's see. Have you decided on anything software wise?

XBMC all the way, been using it for ages now. It does everything I want it to and runs flawlessly. I had it on an RPi just for music streaming.

I'm just waiting for a proper XBMC port on Cubox before I buy one. Once done, it'll be a one stop shop for all media needs. A home grown Apple TV if you will.

Ok. Not my cup of tea. Looking for an exclusive audio solution like I mentioned earlier.

Do give XBMC a shot if you haven't already. It can run on surprisingly frugal hardware these days.

I can help you if you are in Bangalore and interested.

Do give XBMC a shot if you haven't already. It can run on surprisingly frugal hardware these days.

I can help you if you are in Bangalore and interested.

Thanks but I have tried XMBC long ago before going HDD media player way. It is very good indeed for HTPC but I, sort of, didn't like the sound quality when it comes to audio playback. Also it is too much for a simple audio playback.

Now a days, we can flash the OS on a SD card and boot whichever we like just by changing the SD card. So yes, I will give it a shot to compare with the likes of Linux MPD, Daphile or Volumio :)

Now a days, we can flash the OS on a SD card and boot whichever we like just by changing the SD card. So yes, I will give it a shot to compare with the likes of Linux MPD, Daphile or Volumio :)

That's exactly what I did. I had an RPi lying around doing nothing and slapped Volumio on it. Nice one. I can keep the RPi always on and listen to music whenever needed.

Thanks again. Will try out the others soon.

That's exactly what I did. I had an RPi lying around doing nothing and slapped Volumio on it. Nice one. I can keep the RPi always on and listen to music whenever needed.

Thanks again. Will try out the others soon.

Oh did you just do it? Volumio is capable of delivering very quality bit perfect playback. Can you please test it on your main system and tell us know about the sound quality?

For normal CD ripped at 320 kbps or 250+ vbr MP3 or 16/24bit 44.1 kHz FLAC, it works perfectly.

I have some 32bit 192KHz vinyl flacs and those were clipping. I guess I need something like a Hifiberry I2SDAC to take the load off of the RPi's meager hardware.

But the music sounds crisp and awesome.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back