altec lansing MX 5021

chetansha

Hi guys.
Hope i am putting this in the right forum., 2 days back we had some power issues at my place and my mX5021 went out, i opened it up and found the pcb kinda burnt . The pics are posted below.

Is there any chance this is repairable ? From what i see the power transformer seems ok,. ( the lights on the controller light up fine. no audio from speaker or the woofer) The speaker cone seems fine too.

In case its not repairable, how can i put this to use . Any help will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 1382265957373.jpg
    1382265957373.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 1382265973450.jpg
    1382265973450.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 116
Hi guys.
Hope i am putting this in the right forum., 2 days back we had some power issues at my place and my mX5021 went out, i opened it up and found the pcb kinda burnt . The pics are posted below.

Is there any chance this is repairable ? From what i see the power transformer seems ok,. ( the lights on the controller light up fine. no audio from speaker or the woofer) The speaker cone seems fine too.

In case its not repairable, how can i put this to use . Any help will be greatly appreciated

If you are interested in disposing your 5021 do let me know. drop me an email on my forum username @aol.in

Umm, no thanks @dushie . I have managed to get them repaired.

Honestly I came here looking for some solutions, not to trade:) :) :)

If you have any MX 5021 used /under repair let me know.

Umm, no thanks @dushie . I have managed to get them repaired.

Honestly I came here looking for some solutions, not to trade:) :) :)

If you have any MX 5021 used /under repair let me know.

Great, good to hear that. How much did you end up spending on the repair of the PCB.

My AL MX5021 also conked out last month. I took it to the only authorized service center Raashi Peripherals inChennai, they had a look at it and returned it as not repairable. Seems some issue with thw power supply or transformer.. Not sure what should I do with it, it was a reallygood piece..

Any suggestions would be of great help..

well you should try to get it repaired locally. Chetan was able to do the same, there must be some local repair shop that fixes Tv and audio stuff. Try that route out.

My AL MX5021 also conked out last month. I took it to the only authorized service center Raashi Peripherals inChennai, they had a look at it and returned it as not repairable. Seems some issue with thw power supply or transformer.. Not sure what should I do with it, it was a reallygood piece..

Any suggestions would be of great help..

You should be able to get them repaired at Ritchie street, Mount road. Take the first left before P.Orr & Sons and you will find many shops in the streets around this place which service speakers.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back