Altec Lansing MX5021 : Where to go for repair in Lucknow

abhimeranaam

Hi,

Its been good five years I had my MX5021 (Altec Lansing ) Speaker after good search in forums on net.
My bad , from yesterday there is no power in the woofer . I use to love these speakers for delivering good quality of sound.

May some one please let me know where to go to fix them as there is no service center of Altec Lansing at present . I am thinking to visit at Edifier Service station , as might they could check it and give me any solution to the problem.

If some one knows any Pro repair Centre at Lucknow, please tell me as I dont want to loose these speakers.

Please help me.

Abhishek

Only if you were in Coimbatore. I had 2 of these beauties repaired.
I would suggest avoid all these pro people like sony and other service centres , they are a rip off. Look for guys who repair tv sets, they will surely help you.

Is only woofer not working?
Or totally dead?
If totally dead, it may be that power probkem like transformer gone.
I had same issue in my MX 3 series 5.1 but within warranty in mumbai. So got it free service.

Only if you were in Coimbatore. I had 2 of these beauties repaired.
I would suggest avoid all these pro people like sony and other service centres , they are a rip off. Look for guys who repair tv sets, they will surely help you.

Hi Chetan,

Good to hear you're from Coimbatore, I am too. I have an MX5021 which needs rescue. It is not completely dead. I get the LEDs on, but no sound. I connect the AUX cable to laptop, switch off the main power(not on controller but the plug switch), disconnect the AUX, power on. it works. I know it's weird but this technique works sometime. Some other time i switch on/off (plug switch) repeatedly and it starts working. I have some trouble with controller as well. When speaker works, I adjust volume/bass/treble, it makes this squeaking noise in woofer for every point increased/decreased. So how ****ed do you think my speaker is?

My MX 5021 had the same issue (Power TX- No Power) due voltage fluctuation I guess.

Got it repaired in Nehru PLace Delhi for 550 Rs.

Dont worry it is not a big issue.

did he tell you what he replaced? is it the power supply problem? but the power LED is on! I hear a very light hum from woofer.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back