altec lansing

sri1979

I am presently having Altec Lansing VS 4121 speakers. Its more than 4 years. It has developed some problem in the sense even if power switch of speaker is off but the power is connected on there's a hissing sound from the woofer. I will be grateful if some one can guide me a repair centre available in Mumbai. I reside in Andheri.

No service center found for repairing. even local mechanics expressed their inability to repair. After 5 years saying goodbye to Altec Lansing. Looking for new 2.1 speakers. Budget of around 12 to 15k. please suggest good brand catering to music/movies/games

Last edited:
Re: altec lansing/Swan M10

Hi,
Thanks for advice. I purchased Swan M10. During the search for 2.1 i came across swan M10, i liked the looks(love at first sight:)) and on further reviews found few negations so i went ahead and took the decision. Didnt do any audition of any other 2.1. Just completed 10 hours of hearing of M10. Me not technical person so will try to explain the difference in the best possible which i felt amongst my old 4121 and swan m10. M10 has got more clarity means clear vocals and also other sounds like raining drops etc which i missed in 4121. The only lacking is bass. Its not more boomy like my 4121 but its very tight with m10. Also M10 woofer was able to manage much better as compared to my vs 4121 in certain bassy songs where 4121 used to struggle. Further in 4121 the dialogues used to become bassier if bass was increased but in swan i couldnt find that problem. In games i play NFS Hot pursuit occasionally and as observed the bass in M10 was less as compared to 4121 but other sounds were very clear/crisp in M10. In HD movies i really enjoyed with M10 as compared to 4121

Well there were other options too like Klipsch Promedia 2.1(close competitor) , lozitech but frankly i didnt audition them. In fact i wanted to audition swan and sent my friend who hails from gwalior to sellers place i.e Gwalior but they dont keep any demo units nor any system was being used by the seller(Hifinage) for personal hearing at that time but however 10 days gratification return is guaranteed(However shipping cost will not be refunded and return has to be shipped on own cost).So i was in dilemma to go or not. In the last i plunged into and purchased. I use majorly for movies and music. To sum up if bass is the last expectation then m10 can be looked upon.

Just my personal view is that seller (Hifinage) must have audition/demo units in addition to 10 days gratification return.

Sriram P

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back