Alternate wireless adapter for onkyo tx- nrxx series

sixthsense

Hi

Was about to order the official onkyo wireless adapter for 2800/- and thought about reading the reviews first. So went onto amazon.com and the reviews were mixed and issues ranging from signal dropping to range to not working at all.

Came across a review which had an alternate suggestion of using another adapter having the same chipset as onkyo 'TP-Link TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Lan Adapter' .

So ordered it from eBay.in for just 800/- rs and got it today. Within 5 minutes configured it with my wireless router with wep and got it up and running. Internet radio working fine. Now just need to test the DLNA function tomorow.

So don't waste your money on the expensive onkyo adapter and just order this one off eBay. It also come with a USB extension cable so that you can hide the adapter behind the receiver or slide it under it as I did.

Hope this helps onkyo users.

Did the DLNA work? I'm planning to buy this adapter too. How is the overall wireless performance and connectivity?

Hi
Can you send me the link to this ebay deal of yours. I tried with two USB adaptors i have and didn't work. Am not too keen on spending too much.

Hi
Can you send me the link to this ebay deal of yours. I tried with two USB adaptors i have and didn't work. Am not too keen on spending too much.

I recently purchased this TP link adapter from e-bay and it works perfectly with my nr414. here is the e-bay link -http://www.ebay.in/itm/370787614940?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I recently purchase the tp-link wireless adapter and the receiver connects to the internet no problem but the Onkyo 2 iPad remote won't detect my receiver. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back