Alternatives to Bose AM5

square_wave

Hi all,
I have this situation wherein I need to go for a 2 channel sub / sat system for my home theatre/gaming rig. I want to avoid the Bose AM5 which is an option.

What are the alternatives available?

- Need to be compact. The sub should not be more than 12 inches in size.
- I need satellites (not bookshelf speakers). Cannot have speaker stands in the room.
- Should look nice
- Cost- approx 20 - 25k.
- Only two channel
Square.

Hey ROC,

The sound should be decent. Intelligible and coherent for movie dialogues. Need to be able to handle decent amount of bass and sound smooth in the mids and highs.
I am more of a content guy when it comes to movies. Not looking for great sound at all !

@ square_wave,

Was good to have met you, finally. Small world, this :p!!!

The Aktimate Mini does looks very promising, havent heard them tho.

Cheers

@ square_wave,

Was good to have met you, finally. Small world, this :p!!!

The Aktimate Mini does looks very promising, havent heard them tho.

Cheers

The aktimate mini is an option but I guess that speaker is more of a simplistic 2-channel music setup. Not sure if it will handle any of the bass in typical movies.

Yup..it was great meeting you. The music system in your car is outstanding !

can logitech z2300 or similar models from altec lansing be options? Your budget is better but why not audition these and get it if you like? . You may save money.

Guys,

I forgot to mention that I already have a Yamaha stereo amp. So I am looking for passive sub/satalite systems. And it needs to be 2.1 only.

Wish stuff like these were available in India:

http://www.orbaudio.com/classiconestereospeakersystem.aspx

I dont understand how will you use passive sub with stereo amp (exception is the bose that you mention). You can connect sub in parallel to the sat. But you will be putting unequal load on 2 channels unless you use 2 subs.
Secondly you will be restricted to 8 ohm if you plan to do what i have described above to keep final load in acceptable range.

However, check Telome & dnm Sites. They have stuff which you may consider. Cant provide link as i am on mobile.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back