Amar Bose Passed away at the age of 83

A marketing legend!

No matter what the misgivings the audiophiles or to-be audiophiles have against 'his' brand, but his sheer innovativeness in building the brand value is a definite hats-off. Is a solid candidate for a detailed case study.

The easy accessibility to information nowadays 'did' somewhat dent his forte, but till the advent of this century BOSE remained the best a commoner could vie for.

Whether we like it or not but most of us at one point or the other point in our lives have dreamed to have a Bose system !!

The Guy who put India on the world audio map !!

Sir Bose may your soul rest in peace...................

Well, we can't call him 100% Indian. His father was a Bengali migrant while the mother was a white American lady.

Awesome !. Thank you for sharing this link. Exactly my thoughts...

We have a tradition of not speaking ill of the dead. So I was keeping quiet.

No doubt, Bose achieved something which was difficult in those days. Success of the Indian Dot com boys in US came much later. Achieving success purely on the basis of product engineering and marketing was difficult and he did it in the seventies. He will probably take credit for taking good music system upto the normal persons(non-audiophiles).
Bose makes good systems but certainly not the way they advertise and they would want us to believe. My opinion and you are welcome to dis-agree...

Strange! I posted exactly the same link today morning on both the Bose-threads on this forum. After submitting the posts I got both times a pop-up message that my post will be published only after being reviewed by a moderator. And posts have not been published.

Moderators what's going on?:confused:

Strange! I posted exactly the same link today morning on both the Bose-threads on this forum. After submitting the posts I got both times a pop-up message that my post will be published only after being reviewed by a moderator. And posts have not been published.

Moderators what's going on?:confused:

You are a new member with just 6 posts. Hence mods might have set a filter that if a new member post "links" they have to be checked first (To avoid spamming by bots).

Bose was an audio pioneer, no matter what his origin. And if his indian descent makes some people feel good, so be it. Sunita williams, latest miss america, it goes on. When are we going to look inward and feel good about our accomplishments and feel bad about dowry, racism and other isms among us?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back