• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Amazon fire stick and audio quality

Audiolab 6000A Amplifier

amit11

Is using AVR mandatory and how much is the avr contributing to the chain?
Because the main receive and processing of video is done by firestick. AVR may only redirect the video as an output hdmi.
For audio avr will only convert the sound from digital-to-analog, right?

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

MaSh

No a receiver is not at all needed in a stereo setup. All you need is an HDMI extractor. Connect your hdmi sources to it. Output options are hdmi, optical and rca. Use the hdmi to connect to your tv/projector. Use the optical to connect to your stereo dac. Done. There is no lag at all between hdmi video and audio over optical to amp.

Above is my setup currently. Additionally I have a hdmi splitter which splits the hdmi to tv and projector. I am honestly enjoying the setup more than when i had a 5.1 setup. 2.1 for stereo, prime, Netflix, etc rocks.

MaSh

codwapeace

Hi friends,

does any body use amazon fire stick along with a projector? i wanted to know how you divert sound to your speakers. And how is the bluetooth sound from it. Thanks.

thanks,
amit.
There are some HDMI sound splitters available on Ebay/Aliexpress that you can use to get RCA audio out from HDMI and passthrough video to the projector.

MaSh

There are some HDMI sound splitters available on Ebay/Aliexpress that you can use to get RCA audio out from HDMI and passthrough video to the projector.
You don't need Aliexpress for them. There are a number of them available on Amazon India. Most of them are the same inside with different branding. I have tried almost every extractor available on Amazon India.

MaSh

SPONSORED ADS