Amazon.in - Great service

just4kix

I think that no one needs to be told on how efficient and great the service is from Amazon worldwide. We expected the same service when they started in India - well they were already present as Junglee.com but I am talking about Amazon.in in particular. Over the short time, they have established an excellent reputation completely matching their worldwide counterparts. But in this thread, I am going to post a feedback on the return and refund policy and actual experience.

Background:
I ordered the first six seasons of the TV show Friends from Amazon.in because the price was great. Plus there was a free gift of a coffee mug with each full season package with the logo of Friends inscribed. I was pleased with the deal. The items were sold by Pritam Music and shipped by Amazon. The package came in a big box within 3 days. Unfortunately, I observed that quality of the DVD transfer was extremely poor. I did have the complete 10 seasons purchased earlier from USA. Many discs have gone bad that I have mentioned in another thread. I wanted to replinish the full set. But the quality was dismal. So I decided to return the whole six seasons.

Apprehensions:
I was slightly worried about a few things. DVDs and BDs, once opened are not usually accepted back. In the US, they either give replacements or store credit. I had opened two packages (Season 1 and 2). I was not too much worried because, I thought that I should get a full refund for at least four seasons and maybe an Amazon credit for the two opened packages. Secondly, I was more worried about the cost of shipping back and the hassle of repacking, taking the package to courier, etc. Lastly, I was worried on how long it would take to get the money/credit back - after all Rs. 5520 is a decent sum.

The Return/Refund Process:
Contrary to my apprehensions, the whole process was quite smooth. First I had to click on the "Return Items" link and choose the order/items that I wished to return. I was asked to enter a reason. My reason was "Not satisfied with the quality" or something like that. Next, the process guided me completely to create the RMA (return material authorization), the docket for return with packing slip, commercial invoice, etc., the Airway Bill Number (via FedEx), and all the documentation that was required. Overall the return was free of shipping charges. But best of all, the AWB was already created and FedEx intimitated for home pickup. I used the same original box for return packaging and stuck the labels at appropriate places (the documentation was completely clear on what to do). The next day the FedEx guy came and picked up the package and that was that. All I did was spent some time on the computer, printer and the preparation of the package.

I could track the delivery of the package on FedEx. Since I live in Pune and the delivery was to Bhiwandi (near Navi Mumbai on Mumbai-Nashik NH3), the package was delivered to Amazon the next day. The day after that, I received delivery confirmation and by late afternoon I received the message/e-mail acknowledging the delivery and that the refund was in process. Two days after that I received confirmation that refund was credited in full to my credit card. No partial refund for unopened items and Amazon credit for the opened items - but full refund.

Conclusion:
I am extremely happy with Amazon webstore policies. I would always prefer to deal with them as a store of first choice, even if items are slightly cheaper elsewhere. I hope that my experience helps others.

Thanks for sharing.
Glad to know the extra-ordinary return policy and services of Amazon India :)
Hope other retailers feel the heat soon :)

Thanks for sharing.
Glad to know the extra-ordinary return policy and services of Amazon India :)
Hope other retailers feel the heat soon :)

I am very happy customer of Amazon India.

But same think happened with Flipkart, the Blu-Ray of "50 first Dates' was defective and got the replacement free of cost. The courier guy delivered the item and took back the defective item on replacement delivery. Unfortunately the replacement was defective too. So Flipkart arranged the pickup AGAIN and refunded the amount. Very happy with their services.

Bottom Line : If any business (they) want to survive in the market then they have to provide the best services than competitors.

Same here. Have had great service from amazon.in and for that matter, from Flipkart, Landmark and Rhythmhouse too.

I would like to add to the posts, that in my experience with Amazon IN fulfilled items, the guesswork of "will I get or won't I get it" is taken out.

I watched the inventory go to zero in almost real time (minutes) on a couple of different Amazon IN orders from when I purchased items showing only 1 item in stock. I noticed that the moment my card got charged (Amazon IN, sometimes asks to revise payment to complete the order) the item(s) showed as Not Available on Amazon, IN. Contrast this with the way almost every other IN online retailer shows "Availability". Ohh, and both orders were at prices that were just a few INR ahead of other online retailers.

I hope other IN online retailers learn the error of their ways and change for the better or else they'll be eating dust real soon.

Amazon will lead the way, while others has to fall in line. In fact some of the other online retailers are already using Amazon services as they are not sure whether they will be able to manage this well themselves and come upto the service level people would like.

So for others like Infibeam, Snapdeal, Flipkart etc, there are two ways going forward "Mend their ways" or "Perish". That's why we shoild allow competition in all field including e-commerce.

In fact considering huge leaps in e-commerce happening every year, it is very common for all of us availing the service quite often. For me it is many a times easy to buy/order here then actually go to a shop. For example even for a Router (I am sitting next to Lemington Rd here) or even cloths, I many a times prefer to order online. The hassle of reaching shops, parking etc goes out and saves a great deal w.r.t. time and money (better deal & fuel expense). You can easily compare the price online and many times quality as well (thru reviews).

The way amazon.in is expanding on the new offerings and their excellent customer services, I am sure flipkart will have to do an incremental more than just introducing new advts or a new home page.Not that I am dissatisfied on any count with flipkart , but for flipkart to retain the first mover advantage , the pricing will have to be indeed competitive.Amazon.in is trying a lot hard by offering handsome discounts ( and so is flipkart) , lets see in the coming festival season how it goes !

That's why I say, competition is great. Healthy competition is even better. So likes of Flipkart will always be on guard as else they will loose customer really fast. Internet is really fast to spread the bad reputations & reviews.

It gives the best value to the customer apart from satisfaction.

I got a similar smooth service from flipkart.
I ordered shoes and they didn't fit well.
I was worried that I should pack the shoes and ship them back.
But when I raised the ticket online, the guys from wsretail came to my place with alternate shoes and took back the old ones, for free.
It was a very satisfying experience.

I have shifted from flipkart to amazon. Why ? -- 1. Better return policy and 2. No delivery charges + Better prices.
Flipkart prices are not competitive enough anymore. I bought Nokia Lumia 520 at 8800/- 2 months ago from indiatimes when flipkart was selling it at 9500/-.

Last edited:
This time around, not really happy with their speed. Order placed on 30th, not yet shipped. Ofcourse it is from a third party seller.

Attachments

• slow.jpg
    slow.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 61
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back