Amazon Music is coming

aurobindosaha

Very excited ... Amazon Music will be included as part of Prime membership benefits at no additional cost.

I will get rid of Google Music and switch to Amazon.

Thanks
Auro
032891629b4ee3f5a0996ca0d01b6b80.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

It's already here. Been listening to it since the last 2 days. Just need the new Echo devices being sold on Amazon India.

Do note however that Prime Music is a limited service and does not carry the full catalog. There is another service called Amazon Music Unlimited that actually carries the full catalog.

Prime Music only 2 million songs, Amazon Music Unlimited over 30 million songs.

So Prime Music will not compare in anyway to Google Play Music (catalog of over 35 million songs).

Thanks for this info.

So if I understand correctly, we need to purchase any of the echo devices (regular or dot) to avail this service. Regular prime subscribers (as I am ) will not be able to use this.

Any idea on the bit rate of the music? I am guessing 320 kbps.

thanks,
apk

P.S - on a side note, how is the echo faring as a seamless device to listen to music?

Its not limited to Echo devices, it will be available for Prime users too once its launched in play store.

As of now with Echo only songs are played from Amazon music, the app interface is not available for either of users.

It will be for all Prime users when it launches.

Users who bought Amazon Echo launched in India are already having access to it.

And do please note, it's an extremely limited service with a limited catalog. It's not a full fledged service like Prime Video that has content on par with Netflix.

P.S - on a side note, how is the echo faring as a seamless device to listen to music?

I've been using Echo for a long time now (got from US). I like it. However, I use and recommend the Echo Dot plugged into external speakers. I use it with a stereo receiver as well as AVR. Logitech Harmony Hub integrates very well to change TV channels and also the volume with voice commands.

In terms of usage, it's a breeze and will blow you away with it's simplicity. Accessing any song (I use Spotify Premium) is a couple of seconds.

Echo devices with internal speakers however are not exactly "musical". Not recommended IMHO.

It's already here. Been listening to it since the last 2 days. Just need the new Echo devices being sold on Amazon India.

All my songs commands go to Saavn even if I have set the default music app as prime music. I am also not able to login to https://www.amazon.com/ since yesterday. Can you please check if you are able to login?

Is your echo linked to US account instead of India account?

I am trying to figure out why am I not getting amazon prime music.

All my songs commands go to Saavn even if I have set the default music app as prime music. I am also not able to login to https://www.amazon.com/ since yesterday. Can you please check if you are able to login?

Yeah, I had to change to India. Had to reset/de-register from Amazon.com. Then set it up as a new device.

With US also it works, but only as snippets unless you also have US Prime.

PS: Able to login. Please provide more details.

Even for me, songs stream only from Saavn. It says Prime music is not configured properly. I am able to access amazon.com and made sure it is registered in India location.

Even for me, songs stream only from Saavn. It says Prime music is not configured properly. I am able to access amazon.com and made sure it is registered in India location.

Check the Amazon Alexa app. You should be able to set Amazon Music as the default music service. Or else tell Alexa to play XXX on Amazon Music.

I've been listening to a lot of rock and the likes of Ed Sheeran the past 2 days... works very good.

Iam not able to access prime music it takes me to Saavan any setup is missing.also any idea Syska bulb will work

Iam not able to access prime music it takes me to Saavan any setup is missing.also any idea Syska bulb will work
Sorry for dual post

Last edited:
I was not getting prime music content as well but started working in the evening yesterday. I said something like play from amazon music multiple times and finally it started working lol

I have a dot from US and have been listening to Amazon prime from the last 2-3 days.

Make sure you have changed the country to India and in manage content and devices, it points to india and also in kindle store. These settings need to be changed in amazon.com.

I have a dot from US and have been listening to Amazon prime from the last 2-3 days.

Make sure you have changed the country to India and in manage content and devices, it points to india and also in kindle store. These settings need to be changed in amazon.com.

I tried changing the location, still Prime Music is not working for me. It says, Prime is not configured properly for this device. I even got a mail saying, Prime Music is coming soon. So I guess, the service is not available for everyone as of now.

I sent mail to their customer service, no reply as of now.

Still working great here. In fact it's become the native app for music at home... much better than Spotify in some regards.

The quality is excellent (of course when comparing streaming services), and as of now I've not found anything that hasn't played. Enjoying a lot of the classics from Bon Jovi and the like.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back