Amp + DAC vs In-built DAC ?

Why not :) Also, I got an offer for the pre-owned Arcam rDAC KW + Dongle. Should I consider that over the Modi 2 Uber ?

Arcam not available anymore so no worries :)

Anyways, now I have 2 options, PC and Mac Mini. I'm thinking of using the PC for movies and Mac mini for music. Connect the PC to DAC with Optical Cable and connect the Mac to DAC with USB cable (USB 3.0) so do you think it's a good idea, anyone using such set up ?

I have one question and it's about speaker stands. I already have a very sturdy and heavy wooden table and I was thinking if I can keep the Zensor 3 speakers on that table with foam pads under them. Why I'm saying this, my friend's children are always running in and out of the rooms when they come and they'll surely hit the stands. In this scenario, what would you recommend ? Dimension of the table : 30" (H) x 48" (L) x 27" (W).

The AKM4490 in modi 2 uber doesn't sound natural at all. Synthetic timbre all over. Get either Modi2 or modi multibit.

It is generally accepted that stands offer better quality, better bass and separation but we may not always have the right situation to go for them, so ultimately it is your call.
Incidentally I am looking to move away from a table to stands at the moment.

Hmm, I understand that but I've stated my situation. So now I've to get the best out of that table :lol:

I have one question and it's about speaker <snip>my friend's children are always running in and out of the rooms when they come and they'll surely hit the stands

Add one vigorously wielded mop and a rather frisky dog, and a dangerous position for LHS with a right angled turn into a curtain to your issues and you have my problem.

Now, people (and pets) navigate on autopilot within the house. This is a potentially useful behavior to catch and reshape.

I had concrete blocks sourced from "hollwo bricks" on the floor where I wanted my speakers for a few weeks. I strategically moved a small cabinet so that no one can take a sharp right angled turn. I further shaped movement with other bits of furniture.

I eventually moved my speakers there after that period of acclimatization. You know it is time when you don't hear cohabitants swearing on account of stubbed toes.

ciao
gr

Last edited:
LOL :lol: I cannot move much to avoid accidents. You enter my room in the dark, 3 paces and you've already hit the speakers :))

Wallmount those Z3s ? What about clearance at the back ?
Yeh I understand what you mean. Any setup in a living room is a compromise somewhere or the other. So we all have to take a call of what we can live with and what we cannot.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back