Amp for ELAC Debut B6 speakers

addagalla

I'm getting these speakers from US at $280.

What amp or receiver should I buy to go with them? I have an Onkyo TX-NR609, but that's dedicated for my home theatre. I'd like to buy something cheap (say $200) and be able to get some flexibility in terms of music sources (FM, bluetooth, streaming from apps, etc.). I'm guessing that a stereo amp which fulfils my requirements is a better buy than buying a full fledged AVR that's more suitable for a home theatre.

Thanks

Hi

If you are looking at flexibility of music sources for streaming digitally, go for a 7.1/2 AVR which will fulfill all demands...you can Bi AMP for more power....

A stereo integrated amp will not have all the features you are looking out for...

What if I say that connectivity is secondary? In that case can you recommend a good stereo amp? If it's a stereo amp, what would be the source connectivity options I get? Plain AUX? Is AUX generally considered good (does it compromise quality)?

What's typical and what do lot of users in this forum buy for listening to music?

Thanks

For music definitely a good stereo amp,but u won't get any HDMI connections with a stereo amp. An AVR is more flexible I guess with connectivity etc.

Guys, how is Yamaha A-S301BL Natural Sound Integrated Stereo Amplifier?

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha--S301BL-Natural-Integrated-Amplifier/dp/B00MXUCN0A/

I read about A-S801 on this forum, but I don't want to spend that much. Is 301 good for a non-audiophile but discerning listener? Do you recommend something else now that I made myself little more clear (I hope)?

Thanks

Been using the Elac B6 for a month now with a 50wpc Marantz Receiver. I have also used the speakers with a 60w per channel stereo amp. With the experience in mind, I feel the speakers need close to 100w per channel at 6 ohm for a room 12x16 to truly bring out their potential. In my room of this size, the 60w amp from a renowned brand had to be set at over 50% on its dial. The speakers sound amazing even with my Marantz receiver, however, its just my opinion that they may sound much better when fed with more juice.

Take a look at this interview with Andrew Jones where these speakers are discussed. I think somewhere towards the end, he mentions the power requirements. Home Theater Geeks 263: Andrew Jones' new ELAC Speakers

MaSh

Back