Amplifier Burn In

You are right Bala, it is the RPM that matters more than speed in kmph. But back in those (Ambassador and Fiat) days, automobiles did not come with a Tacho meter and the speed was used as an approximate guide. Infact, even Maruti used to recommend shifting to 5th gear only after 40kmph because of the lack of a Speedo.

Since we are on the topic of breaking in of automobiles, this trick works out well for me if it is a new car:
Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Santhol - I used that exact technique to break my Bullet in to great effect. I have had die hard riders ask me about what I did with regard to my break-in and went away shaking their head when I told them what I did :)

Last edited:
Do Components values in amplifiers (active and passive) used in the circuitry change with time? Most of the resistors used are 5% tolerance and most capacitors are usually commercial grade and not military grade. Does that mean the specifications quoted for the amplifiers in the manuals change over time due to variation of their values? Any answers?

There is a change in the value of all the components inside any circuit. As I mentioned before, a good designer know what these changes will be as tolerances and builds with those changes in mind. Usually the changes are so minor that the overall specifications will not change for a a couple of years at least.

Mind you, we are not talking about failures. A capacitor, for instance, could fail completely and would need changing. And, we are talking about well designed and well built products.

Product that use inexpensive or cheap components may behave differently, and may actually have a change in specifications as you are not sure how the components will behave.

Cheers

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back