Amplifier for old set of speakers

Maint1234

I have 2 old speakers lying around, which came with a philips double cassette player a couple of decades back.
I tested them with the cassette player and 1 speaker was working while the other wasn't. So i replaced the crossover PCB with one from Amazon and now both speakers work.
I have a LG cx tv for which i need a soundbar or a external speaker system.
Since i sit 8 ft away from the tv in my bedroom , i am not in favor of a soundbar which will again be at 8' . At the moment I use a 12 watts bluetooth speaker near me for clear dialogue as i dont like high tv volume.
Idea is to keep the 2 wired speakers at the head of the bed and keep the tv volume at a minimum.
Is it practical to buy a amplifier and get them working to a adequate quality with the oled ?
If yes how do i calculate the type and size of amplifier required ?
I have a spare optical to RCA analog audio adapter lying around for output from the tv.
I am a total noob and just learnt what drivers are in a audio system.
All 3 drivers are 4 ohms

Screenshot_20210810-070656_Gallery.jpg

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Solved the problem.
The cassette player also has cd audio in ports.
So tv optical to the cd player through the adapter and to their original speakers as in above post.
And i have a working 2.0 audio system in my room.
The volume has to be kept to a minimum as can't be changed by tv remote.
The literature online says 260 w system but i bet its pmpo not rms. But still too loud for a bedroom.

Great! Good for you.

Apparently the problem was solved through PMs.
May I suggest forum members to post their suggestions on the forum rather than via PM.
That could benefit others as well.
That's what these forums are for :)

Great! Good for you.

Apparently the problem was solved through PMs.
May I suggest forum members to post their suggestions on the forum rather than via PM.
That could benefit others as well.
That's what these forums are for :)
No PMs . Just their good wishes and thoughts were enough..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back