Amplifier repair in Bangalore

nowwhat?

Does anyone know someone who can repair an amplifier in Bangalore? I need someone who is knowledgeable and reasonable as I want to keep my costs low.

The amplifier is a Quad 306 that I recently upgraded to the DADA Electronics Upgrade Kit, but it stopped working soon after that. I have all of the manuals for the 306 and the Upgrade Kit.

Options are many in Bangalore.

Kiran Electronics, Hanumanthanagar (contact Mr.Kamath). There are many outlets in Bangalore with that name. This one is a 30 year old establishment run from a house in Hanumanthanagar. The ground floor is residence, and the first floor is a large hall where servicing is done for all international brands of amplifiers. It used to be the authorized service center for some.

Hegde & Hegde, BTM Layout, Stage-II.

HITECH Service Point
No.277, 5th Cross, 6th Block
Koramangala, Behind Bethany School,
Tel no.41105050

My go-to service shop for the past 20+ years. Have referred lots of my friends and all are very satisfied customers.

Ask for Anil or Johnson.

Thanks a lot for this info! Will check with them for an amp.

Hi All,
Sorry for Hijacking thread, Do we have some good technician who handles the Vintage Stuff Recapping in Bangalore. I do know some one in Chennai,But carrying the amp to chennai would be additional risk and cost for me.In case any one knows, then kindly let me know, need to recap My Sansui 719 which is in due.

Thanks for the help

HITECH Service Point
No.277, 5th Cross, 6th Block
Koramangala, Behind Bethany School,
Tel no.41105050

My go-to service shop for the past 20+ years. Have referred lots of my friends and all are very satisfied customers.

Ask for Anil or Johnson.

Thank you all for your help.

I gave the amplifier to Anil at HITECH Service Point today since they were the closest. He has said he will get back to me in 10 days. Let's hope they can identify the problem.

Thank you all for your help.

I gave the amplifier to Anil at HITECH Service Point today since they were the closest. He has said he will get back to me in 10 days. Let's hope they can identify the problem.

I'm sure they will be able to rectify it. A few years back my friend's Yamaha receiver had some problem which the official service center were sleeping on for 3 months and could not rectify because they could not source some faulty part :indifferent14:... Anil sourced the part within a few weeks and fixed it up.

I'm sure they will be able to rectify it. A few years back my friend's Yamaha receiver had some problem which the official service center were sleeping on for 3 months and could not rectify because they could not source some faulty part :indifferent14:... Anil sourced the part within a few weeks and fixed it up.

I would like to thank all of you who responded and in particular plasmoid who perhaps unbeknownst to him posted a repair center close to my son's school and hence convenient to me since I am not much of a driver.

I met both Anil and Johnson over the course of the past few weeks and I am pleased to say that the amplifier has been repaired. Turns out it stopped working due to a bad case of dry solder.

DaDa Electronics in Belgium who sold me the upgrade kit was willing to repair the amplifier, but considering that it took me slightly over 3 months to get the small package containing the upgrade components, I was not comfortable with the to and fro journey of the entire amplifier. Hitech Service Point therefore saved me time as well as a lot of sleepless nights.

Subsequently I upgraded my other Quad 306 through them and the biamped setup is really working well!

Thank you all once again for your help!

I would like to thank all of you who responded and in particular plasmoid who perhaps unbeknownst to him posted a repair center close to my son's school and hence convenient to me since I am not much of a driver.

I met both Anil and Johnson over the course of the past few weeks and I am pleased to say that the amplifier has been repaired. Turns out it stopped working due to a bad case of dry solder.

DaDa Electronics in Belgium who sold me the upgrade kit was willing to repair the amplifier, but considering that it took me slightly over 3 months to get the small package containing the upgrade components, I was not comfortable with the to and fro journey of the entire amplifier. Hitech Service Point therefore saved me time as well as a lot of sleepless nights.

Subsequently I upgraded my other Quad 306 through them and the biamped setup is really working well!

Thank you all once again for your help!

Glad it worked out :)

Hi All,

Could any one share some technician in Bangalore, Who could restore One of my Sansui Amplifier (New Kid in the family ).The Amp is working fine but bit noisy (distortion )at middle of the playing,Also the FM is not working +volume slider knobs are bit tight.

I am planning to have a secondary set-up but taking this kid restored and place in my AV Rack.

Even the Entry level Vintage Sansui are so musical; Its bad that they out of market.

Awaiting for your response.

Last edited:
Sorry for offtopic , Can someone suggest technician near Vijaywada as my accuphase amplifier is not working (due to my terrible mistake)

Do HITECH also take care of speakers? I have a polk speaker with a blown tweeter :(. Would they be able to repair that?

Do HITECH also take care of speakers? I have a polk speaker with a blown tweeter :(. Would they be able to repair that?

Yes they will...Only electronics they don't accept are gaming consoles and cassette decks.

Last edited:
Hi - I am trying to find a technician in Bangalore who can build tube amps based on schematics, plans and parts supplied by me. Also looking for a CAD designer who can create plans based on my designs which I can get fabricated.
Will appreciate if you can point me to any technicians working at amp repair workshops and interested in freelancing. Its important that they fully understand and have experience with tube amp circuits, wiring, assembly and comprehend the plans / documents which I will supply. Wasnt sure where I can find people with this skillset so thought I'd try this forum. Thanks

Hi Nikhil

Is yours a PP or SET design?

Philip at Lizzner has plenty of experience working with tube amps-he just repaired an EL 34 PP amp of mine that was in bad shape, and is right now restoring a pair of old EL 34 amps of mine. If you need a good chassis and have engineering drawings I can point you to the right place.

Thanks George, Mine's a PP design. I read about Phillip on this thread and may contact him if I'm unable to find a freelancer tech person which is my first preference. (I was trying to locate someone who is employed as a service technician in a tube amp repair workshop.) I dont have engineering drawings for the chassis. Am out of Bangalore next week and will PM you once I'm back. Thanks again :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back