amplifier speaker selector

nandac

i plan to hook up my speakers to both my avr and stereo amp. i am looking for an amp speaker selector switch - something similar to the niles dps-1.

Amazon.com: Niles Audio DPS-1: Electronics

what are the local options?

if nothing is available in india, what are the options to ship from abroad?

appreciate any insights.

If your stereo amp has an "HT bypass" mode, you dont need to switch the fronts - you can use the fronts for both AVR & Stereo Amp. This feature is also called Theatre Bypass, Unity Gain Pass Through etc.

This was the same situation I was in couple of months back. Luckily our forum member/moderator @Venkatcr made one switch for me. You can contact him and ask if he is willing to make one for you.

i plan to hook up my speakers to both my avr and stereo amp. i am looking for an amp speaker selector switch - something similar to the niles dps-1.

Amazon.com: Niles Audio DPS-1: Electronics

what are the local options?

if nothing is available in india, what are the options to ship from abroad?

appreciate any insights.

Could some seniors comment to this question. If the Stereo amp has only a Speaker off/on switch and vice versa for the AV amp, Can one connect both amps to the single pair of speakers. Would this work by activating any one of the amps? Naturally the danger is that one forgets to switch off and both the amps are in On condition for the speakers.
Going by basic logic - any additional switches has its influence perhaps. With this belief I end up regularly toggling the wire connection behind the speaker between the stereo and AVR. It is an annoyance at times but with a good banana connection it works - albeit a bit of an irritation.

Hi , I am having a speaker selector. Its having 10 speaker output, 10 amp input and 10 source input. You can match any thing to anything . Is this the one you are looking for. I am not using it for the last 4/5 years and lying idle. Can give it you for a song.

regards
Vijay

does your AVR not have a pre- out for the fronts ? if u use the avr pre-outs then u dont need any selector.

mpw

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back