Amplifier suggestions for Tannoy Turnberry GRs

I have a Freya+ and Aegir combo with Harbeth P3-ESR, denafrips dac combo. But i don't have too many reference points comparison to contrast it against. Sounds darn good to me
Headphonezone no more stock freya+ apparently.
I use Unison Research Prelaudio, with my 93 db sensitive Blumenhofers. Sounds fantastic. That may be an option if you like tubes
Thank you 👍👍👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Tannoy Turnberry GR requires a good amount of power even though its sensitivity is 92-93 db. What i heard best is with KR audio 300 series tube amp or if you want to go with solid state Accuphase integrated works well. If its accuphase better to keep the source too with accuphase to ensure the synergy.

Hi everyone, I like this forum and especially this discussion because I own also the Turnberry GR and the Harbeth 3…
I tried several amps (Hegel, Unison, Lector, AVM, Rotel) but still use the Leben CS300XS with the Tannoys and a Cayin MT35MK2 with the HL-3PS but I consider to buy a Sub (REL7?) with them…
I am lookin forward to read about your Class A experience because I want to try also a Sugden, Croft or Nelson Pass J5 with my systems…
Best regards from Vienna…

I am lookin forward to read about your Class A experience because I want to try also a Sugden, Croft or Nelson Pass J5 with my systems…

I have used Sugden A21SE and Sugden Masterclass IA-4 with my Tannoys... Turnberry GRs and at a later stage Turnberry GR LEs.....

Sounded absolutely fantastic to me.... Class A was a revelation in terms of sheer listening pleasure.... would recommend Sugden anyday for a medium to large sensitive speakers....

Hi All,

I am looking for an amplifier (preferably integrated than Pre/Power) for my Tannoy Turnberry GRs.

Budget - 4 lakhs.

Music -Mainly Vocal centric songs, acoustic stuff, blues and occasional Jazz.

I am looking for tube based amplifier or Class A SS. Open to second-hand deals as well.

I have used a Schiit Freya with tubes in my ATC SCM 19 actives and really liked the tube effect in sound. As for class A SS, i have never really experienced that and would love to experience such a setup. Given th 93db sensitivity of the speakers, i am assuming a decent powered class A SS with ample current delivery can easily drive them.

And for reference, my room size is 17 * 23 feet.

Thanks,
Miany
Hi sir . tube base int amplifer KR audio va350

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back