amplifiers suggestions???

manu4panjab

hey brothers

give me great amplifier for price range 50 to 1 lakh

please suggest multichannel amp in aboveprice range for my polks

and also which av receiver to use with it also in price range 50 to 1 lakh

so i have total of two lakhs

i still use that old av receiver that comes with onkyo 5100 htib i my opinion it lacks the punch i need and my speakers sound thin too

so i'm waiting :cool:

Your question is confusing You want a Amplifier, AV Receiver & Multi Channel Amplifier? Why all these?

For AV Receivers my personal favorite is the Rotel RSX 1560

hey manu, are you sure you will get any more punch with these polks? So maybe you should look at getting out of polk and get some really good front speakers for around 2 lakhs and then buy a good 2 channel amp for 1-2 lakhs. This can serve you well for the music. BTW, what happened to your subs?

regards

I recommend a combination of Rotel Power Amplifier RMB 1075 paired with Processor RSP 1570. The power Amp I have suggested has ooddles of reserve juice to drive any speaker & it does well with Music too. For the money you have there are a lot of options.

hey manu, are you sure you will get any more punch with these polks? So maybe you should look at getting out of polk and get some really good front speakers for around 2 lakhs and then buy a good 2 channel amp for 1-2 lakhs. This can serve you well for the music. BTW, what happened to your subs?

regards

Absolutely agree with the above suggestion! Your weakest link are the polks. I suggest upgrading these first, ensuring the placement is good and them some room treatments if you have not already done so AND THEN for an avr + amp upgrade.

Absolutely agree with the above suggestion! Your weakest link are the polks. I suggest upgrading these first, ensuring the placement is good and them some room treatments if you have not already done so AND THEN for an avr + amp upgrade.

His Polks might come back to life with the Rotel. I have seen some dull sounding speakers spring back with a Amplifier upgrade. Fingers Crossed. He can save some dough. From the pics of his rig the speaker placement does not seem right

+1 to that. Here combination is the key. You bought polks - tsi series if i remember correctly. Thats a bad choice with onkyo. You should have got atleast a denon or a CA/Marantz receiver if you wanted an all round solution. You can spend a 1000k's on equipment and still not get that perfect sound - even the norge 1000 on norge bookshelves or Nad 325 + PSB image b15 sounded like a killer combination.

Spend your money wisely - we are here to offer advice - but please let your ears be the key to deciding.

hey brothers

thanks for all your replies .i'm very happy with my polks brothers :) nothing wrong to them i just want to upgrade my av receiver which is not right for those polks

and for subs i still have those two polk psw 125 subs just waiting for hsu to launching in india so i can by its two uls 15 wireless subs

i just thougt why not purchase outside india from emotiva amps which is 200 watts x3 channel for 600 dollars + 200 shipping cost so it somewhere around 40000 rupees.emotivas are bang for bucks for sure and as for rotel its very expensive for same 200 watts per channel power so why not choose same power with less price and rest of the money for better subs and an av receiver for using as preamplifier

$200 for shipping? Where did you get that quote? if that is the cost, go for xpa3 (I think that's the model you are considering?)

regards

hey brothers

thanks for all your replies .i'm very happy with my polks brothers :) nothing wrong to them i just want to upgrade my av receiver which is not right for those polks

and for subs i still have those two polk psw 125 subs just waiting for hsu to launching in india so i can by its two uls 15 wireless subs

i just thougt why not purchase outside india from emotiva amps which is 200 watts x3 channel for 600 dollars + 200 shipping cost so it somewhere around 40000 rupees.emotivas are bang for bucks for sure and as for rotel its very expensive for same 200 watts per channel power so why not choose same power with less price and rest of the money for better subs and an av receiver for using as preamplifier

hey brothers

boss what do you want - a set up for movies or music - i am confused. I am sure others are too. Please remember a bigger quality sub will outperform 2 smaller subs. Correct placement is one.

For stereo sound -since you are spending so much money - do try to come down to pune and auditon cadence - with their amps and speakers- you will forget the dali and b&W.

For movies - buy a yamaha 863 - it will rock your house.

boss what do you want - a set up for movies or music - i am confused. I am sure others are too. Please remember a bigger quality sub will outperform 2 smaller subs. Correct placement is one.

For stereo sound -since you are spending so much money - do try to come down to pune and auditon cadence - with their amps and speakers- you will forget the dali and b&W.

For movies - buy a yamaha 863 - it will rock your house.

boss i want especially for movies and xbox 360

what is the price of yamaha 863

some where in around 70k - worth the moneis anyday:yahoo:

Supra, though I heartily agree with you on the performance capabilities of the 863, Manu may not be happy with the power of the AVR. He should, in my opinion, look at Yamaha 1900, Onyko 875/905 and such models. Something like 150 to 200 watts per channel is what, I think, Manu will be happy with.

Or he should look at a processor such as the Integra DTR-8.9 so that he can add some really powerful multi channel amplifier, and make his hair stand on end. :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Supra, though I heartily agree with you on the performance capabilities of the 863, Manu may not be happy with the power of the AVR. He should, in my opinion, look at Yamaha 1900, Onyko 875/905 and such models. Something like 150 to 200 watts per channel is aht, I think, Manu will be happy with.

Or he should look at a processor such as the Integra DTR-8.9 so that he can add some really powerful multi channel amplifier, and make his hair stand on end. :)

Cheers

seriously +1 to that venkat sir

BTW how big is manu's room again??

Supra, though I heartily agree with you on the performance capabilities of the 863, Manu may not be happy with the power of the AVR. He should, in my opinion, look at Yamaha 1900, Onyko 875/905 and such models. Something like 150 to 200 watts per channel is aht, I think, Manu will be happy with.

Cheers

venkatcr you understand me completely brother :eek:hyeah:

suggest me total project cost of integra 8.9 and also which multi amp you suggest :)

suggest me total project cost of integra 8.9 and also which multi amp you suggest :)

This is tough. The Integra 8.9 is a very advanced multichannel processor with 7.1 pre outs and capable of delivering 140 watts per channel into 8 ohms. It has three power transformers to deliver humongous power to the speakers.

This product is available at about 1900 US. This will work out to some 1.4 lakhs at 70 Rs. a Dollar.

If you look at a multichannel amplifier you are already looking at such as Emotiva you may be able to finish the processor and amp together at around 2.5 lakhs.

If you look at other branded amplifiers, they will cost another 1.5 to 2 lakhs taking your total costs to some 3 odd lakhs.

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back