An Amazon Fan writes..

I ordered 4 Box sets from Amazon.uk on 15th April.Order status showed me delivery date will be on May 3rd.With this Flight disruptions due to volcanic ash I expected will be delayed further.

But today to my surprise I GOT THE PARCEL FROM AMAZON.Its really fantastic.
Orderd a worth of 103 GBP including shipping.Haven't got any charges levied from Customs.
Thanks to you people.You guys gave me enough courage to order from Amazon.

Box Sets : Band of Brothers,X-Men,Lord of the Rings:eek:,Harry Potter(1-6).Avatar I got it from Planet M not the part of this purchase.

Congrats on your purchase, idlebrain. I am sure you will enjoy hours of HD action with your new acquisitions... That Band of Brothers pack looks really cool.. have you posted in the recent purchases thread? If not, then maybe an open pack pic will look great..

And yes, great luck there not being stuck at Customs..

Once more, Amazon UK rocks.. :clapping:

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase, idlebrain. I am sure you will enjoy hours of HD action with your new acquisitions... That Band of Brothers pack looks really cool.. have you posted in the recent purchases thread? If not, then maybe an open pack pic will look great..

And yes, great luck there not being stuck at Customs..

Once more, Amazon UK rocks.. :clapping:

Thanks mate. I will post the pics in purchases thread.

Thats a pretty good price.Ultimatum itself is costing 1200/- in india.
I did it along with Saving Private Ryan.Both are going to release on 26th April.

wow idlebrain.....I see you too are some collector :)......well I finally ordered the AVATAR steelbook edition as well, its dispatched and is supposed to arrive on 18th May.........I was tempted to order saving private ryan as well, but I have decided to wait for avatar arrival first, will place my order then, but SPR will be there in my collection for sure.....

You are lucky Sam to get it within 10 days, dunno why for me it's taking so much time always.
I also have Harry Potter in my cart along with some other movies. But already spent too much on Blu-rays during last few months, so taking it easy now. But Saving Private Ryan is going to change that for sure ;-)

well that was my first time, AVATAR is scheduled for arrival on 18 MAY, which makes the delivery time of more than 20 days......so i think it depends on the demand of the disc.....

Great!
I am a big fan of Amazon also. Not only there discounts, but the overall experience.

I ve bought my sennheiser earbuds, my toshiba satellite, my nikon d90 with nikon 70-300vr and tokina 50-135 from them in the past..

Hey guys,

Do you know how in desi postoffices our goods were handled???Just read below.... Please note that Multi also like this only, because desi people are working.

http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/7034-has-anyone-used-vpost-7.html#post104057
Hi Srini.....i ordered a shipment from Amazon France today....its a cd/blu ray box set by rolling stones....they charged me 39 Euros for the product and 13.50 Euros for shipping.....Will I be subject to customs duty on this shipment....I'm located in Mumbai

Hi Srini.....i ordered a shipment from Amazon France today....its a cd/blu ray box set by rolling stones....they charged me 39 Euros for the product and 13.50 Euros for shipping.....Will I be subject to customs duty on this shipment....I'm located in Mumbai
It's almost 12years old thread.

Yes, customs is very thorough these days.

So what if its 12 years old....It was a question to Srini....in case he gets to see and provide guidance....thanks
Customs duty along with gst is applicable. On Amazon, you will get the consolidated amt including duties and shipment charges while checking out. You may need to upload the scan of the original Aadhar or passport on the courier site. Scan of photocopies are not accepted. Your package will be delivered at your door step and you need not go to the customs. Amazon is generally very prompt.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back