An amp with built-in DAC, DSP, WiFi & Bluetooth et al

captrajesh

Staff member
Just chanced upon this amp. It's said to be a 2.1 amp with built-in DAC, DSP, WiFi, Bluetooth, Optical & Ethernet connectivity. And it sells for less than $100. Tempted to order one.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with either the reviewer or the seller.

You could pair it up with the DINAS design of a 3 way compact bookshelf. But I am wary of the power output as it is 100w into 2 ohms for the subwoofer out.

This should work very well with a laptop adaptor and put out around 35 watts at 0.03 THD and possibly around 65/70 watts for the onboard sub amp.
Higher voltage above 22 volts might bring more distortion.

You could pair it up with the DINAS design of a 3 way compact bookshelf. But I am wary of the power output as it is 100w into 2 ohms for the subwoofer out.
Yeah, appears to be very modest.
diyaudiocart sells acrylic in india - they seem to have another version here

no affiliation to DAC at my end either
Does that have DAC & DSP?
Any idea what DSP chip is used in the amp?
Have only a cursory look. Better check out their website. Link is in post #1.
This should work very well with a laptop adaptor and put out around 35 watts at 0.03 THD and possibly around 65/70 watts for the onboard sub amp.
Higher voltage above 22 volts might bring more distortion.
yes appears to be STA326. From the company datasheet, it looks like you can pump out 80 watts per channel with better heat sinks with around 28/30 volts supply.
@Kannan you have worked with many class D amps. Could you be more elaborate?

As per their FAQ,the board uses TPA3116 outputs.
The wattage and thd specs too indicate the same.

If that is so,does the STA326 feature analog line level outs which could have been routed to the TPAs?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back