An old advert introducing the CD in 1982

What a find! A technology which is still the ‘go-to’ medium for many of us after almost 40 years. While my previous generations can say the same about vinyl and cassettes, mine (born in the 70s), witnessed the entire life cycle of the CDs unfold over the decades. Over the last decade the compact disc has dropped from numero uno position for the masses - giving way to streamed audio, but it continues to be the medium of choice for a section of audiophiles. Its physicality, compactness, and fidelity is still the best combined proposition for users like me.

The advertisement itself is such a nostalgic trip when TV presenters were polite and marketing was sensible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks humblebee for giving us the chance of seeing the great grandfather and grandfather of modern day turntables. Again Sony CDP in the advertisement , as prembhai has already mentioned is like a microoven.
@SachinChavan yes, sachin Bhai ,the world was totally different once. Business did not engulf culture and showicism was not at all practised in the golden past.
However, this video is quite enjoyable to audiophiles , specially to those who want to live with physical media even in an era of streamed music.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back