and Miles Davis played for me!!

Naturelover

Staff member
And so did Pt Shiv Kumar Sharma and so many others.

This is it!! Well on the way to my dream setup.
An upgrade was always on my mind. But it got an urgency when my amp got totalled. I started off with a thread asking for suggestions and then went on an auditioning spree to Bangalore & Kochi, Hyderabad & Mumbai and now here I am with a dream come true setup.

Speakers: Rethm Saadhana V2 (these are the previous model)
Amplifier: Rethm Gaanam (this is the previous model)
Turntable: Scheu Cello with Classic MkII 10" tonearm and MC S cartridge
Phono pre: Trigon Advance
Music PC: Fanless Antec ISK110 cabinet, Asus J1800I-C board, HDPlex linear PSU
DAC: Yet to be finalized. Options on the radar are Metrum Hex, Antelope Zodiac Gold, Auralic Vega and SOtM sDP-1000. An existing Musical Fidelity M1CLiC being used at present
CD player: Existing Arcam CD73. This will go to the second setup once my CDs are ripped
Rack: Soundfoundations (FM magma)
Power: Distribution box from Soundfoundations. 2 kVA stabilizer from Vertex, Chennai
Spkr cables: ASI Liveline

The speakers and amp are both previous models and bought used from fellow FMs.
The turntable and phono pre bought from The Listening Room, Bangalore. Both demo pieces.
Cables also bought used.
I seem to be one hell of an advocate of buying used :). I would definitely suggest it.

Lovely sound despite the compromises in room size and furniture placement. Better than what I had expected given these issues. No ear fatigue even in long listening sessions.

I do again sincerely thank all those who have helped me in this journey in person, by PM and by email and still continue to do so. I will cherish the memories of my travels and visits to FM homes along the way. It has definitely been a humbling and hugely stimulating journey with a steep learning curve.
I will say it again, I have not felt unwelcome or a stranger at any FM's home. It has, indeed, been a privilege.
:signthankspin: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Now have to get down to ripping my CDs. Hell of a job that will be :(.

4kiv0h.jpg

2911ff8.jpg

243rtj6.jpg

kdojt1.jpg

2mhy3pg.jpg

2wn4pcp.jpg

Congrats
Nagpur is'nt far away from where I am (Chattisgarh).Would like to listen to this great set up sometime.
Cheers

Looks beautiful and the pics are nicely labeled.

For ripping CDs, I'd recommend EAC and for tagging I'd recommend Tag&Rename. I've been using both for ages.

Congratulations on a fantastic setup!

The Rethms are easily a destination speaker. Will be eagerly following your DAC search - if it's going to be anything like your speaker search then we are in for another fantastic ride! However I would like to suggest you to fine tune your analog section first before looking at digital or vice versa. Each is a world by itself as you already know.

Look forward to your listening impressions!

Regards.

Congrats - looks fantastic. Presume no Kids, Cats or Dogs at home ? I will be in Ngp in a couple of months, though I doubt you will be there ?

As Louis Prima sings, Enjoy Yourself- its later than you think.

Good Vibrations :)

Congrats - looks fantastic. Presume no Kids, Cats or Dogs at home ? I will be in Ngp in a couple of months, though I doubt you will be there ?

As Louis Prima sings, Enjoy Yourself- its later than you think.

Good Vibrations :)
No kids, cats or dogs. Yes, you guessed right.
I will be here for a few months. Do let me know when you visit. It'll be great!

your room is quite large and finally what you selected is appropriate for your room.

All 3 DAC's you mention are good ones in their own right. Maybe its time to get one and settle down once and for all.

enjoy the Miles Davis but also enjoy the Kishori Amonkar - Todi... ;)

Maybe next time you are in Mumbai, we will play what we missed last time.

:)

regards
mpw

your room is quite large and finally what you selected is appropriate for your room.

Well, not quite large enough for the true potential of the Saadhanaas but its still wonderful.

All 3 DAC's you mention are good ones in their own right. Maybe its time to get one and settle down once and for all.

Are you suggesting a blind buy? I'm really toying with the idea.

enjoy the Miles Davis but also enjoy the Kishori Amonkar - Todi... ;)

Maybe next time you are in Mumbai, we will play what we missed last time.

Well, yes there is Kishori and so many others.
Sure, will get in touch. Hoping to see you in Nagpur, maybe??

congratulations ! looks beautiful and am sure sounds the same too !

If possible , do check moving out your wireless router away from the Phono to see if there is any difference ? Phonos can amplify a lot of noise due top RFI/EMI

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back