Android TV box - Owners thread

Pickup up couple of Mi Box 4K, recently launched by Xiaomi for Rs 3,500 from a local store..

7LTfF3l.jpg

FDEL3TE.jpg

Until sometime back, Mi box S and 3 were sold on amazon.in for 7K.. But this is directly handled by Xiaomi and the price is half of it.. Anyways, happy to have picked up couple of them.

One of them added to the bedroom projector (LG PF1500W) and the other one for my mom with a 42 inch Plasma TV..

Wish Xiaomi also launches game pad either bundled or as a standalone offering.
Did you try bitstream through Kodi for DtsX/ Dolby -Atmos? Or using just for Netflix/Prime?
Official website says just Dolby audio and Dts 2.0.

Pickup up couple of Mi Box 4K, recently launched by Xiaomi for Rs 3,500 from a local store..

7LTfF3l.jpg

FDEL3TE.jpg

Until sometime back, Mi box S and 3 were sold on amazon.in for 7K.. But this is directly handled by Xiaomi and the price is half of it.. Anyways, happy to have picked up couple of them.

One of them added to the bedroom projector (LG PF1500W) and the other one for my mom with a 42 inch Plasma TV..

Wish Xiaomi also launches game pad either bundled or as a standalone offering.
How is your experience with these so far?
Mine became toast within few hours of usage after the OTA update. Even can't enter in recovery mode. I got it from US in January.

Did you try bitstream through Kodi for DtsX/ Dolby -Atmos? Or using just for Netflix/Prime?

Not yet. Will try over the weekend. I got this for streaming content in the bedroom. I think it should be able to bit-stream Atmos / Dts X via kodi..

Official website says just Dolby audio and Dts 2.0.

I think this refers to Mix Box's own decoding capability of both Dolby / Dts as 2.0 thru the 3.5mm output.

How is your experience with these so far? Mine became toast within few hours of usage after the OTA update. Even can't enter in recovery mode. I got it from US in January.

Oh.. Sad.. As soon as i set it up, there was OTA update. Didn't pay attention to it. But, after the update too it is working well..

Not yet. Will try over the weekend. I got this for streaming content in the bedroom. I think it should be able to bit-stream Atmos / Dts X via kodi..

I think this refers to Mix Box's own decoding capability of both Dolby / Dts as 2.0 thru the 3.5mm output.

Oh.. Sad.. As soon as i set it up, there was OTA update. Didn't pay attention to it. But, after the update too it is working well..
@elangoas sir - Did you try Mi Box after the update ? Were you able to enable pass through in Mi Box. For all I know this has been disabled and isn't working. Can you please update us ?

@elangoas sir - Did you try Mi Box after the update ? Were you able to enable pass through in Mi Box. For all I know this has been disabled and isn't working. Can you please update us ?

Have been using it after the OS update. It works.. No issues there.. Didn't get it connected to AVR yet..

Will update in couple of days with Kodi in it..

Try to install Tidal ( through VPN) and just let us know how it works. Do Tidal Masters are available on Tidal android app. I am willing to purchase it for streaming Tidal Masters . Also compare similar price ATB if possible as this MI box is very limited on features like no optical output, limited Ram/storage (2GB/8GB ), One USB port etc

Try to install Tidal ( through VPN) and just let us know how it works. Do Tidal Masters are available on Tidal android app. I am willing to purchase it for streaming Tidal Masters . Also compare similar price ATB if possible as this MI box is very limited on features like no optical output, limited Ram/storage (2GB/8GB ), One USB port etc

I am using Tidal on the Act-Fiber Andriod TV box. It plays Tidal Masters just fine.

How you have installed Tidal on ATB and which output have you connected to avr/ amplifier . How is the performance of Tidal Masters on ATB...

How you have installed Tidal on ATB and which output have you connected to avr/ amplifier . How is the performance of Tidal Masters on ATB...

I have two google accounts on my ATB, one with Indian address and one with US address. I can switch between the two and download apps from both the app stores without any problem. The ATB is connected via HDMI to AVR which is connected to the TV. I didn't notice much difference between Tidal Master vs Tidal FLACs.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back