Another giant leaves us, Dr Balamuralikrishna

Very sad to hear we lost another legendary singer Shri Mangalampalli Bala MuraliKrishna Garu... May his soul rest in peace.

Though I don't listen to Indian classical music, will always remember Dr.Balamuralikrishna as the face that starts off Mile Sur Mera Tumara.

R.I.P

R I P
Sangita Kalanidhi Mangalamapalli Balamuralikrishna a recipient of France's Chevalier of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres.

TT

Kuyile kavikuyile!
Thanga ratham vanthathu !
and many unforgettable songs.
RIP - giant of carnatic sangeeth!
His voice live for ever !

I don't think his soul will rest --- I think it will soar, in the heavens, forever.

A very sad loss, although 86 is a good age. No age is good enough for the rest of us though.

And I'm caused to reflect that, yes, as I age, the fact of my mortality becomes harder to escape, but I can live with my mortality more easily that that of those I value so much, several of whom are eighty-years plus.

Balamuralikrishna made everything he touched sound beautiful. Even if he was teasing some complex laya calculation, his singing was wonderful for all of us.

A great loss.

Though, for long, I knew him to be a stalwart, my first serious listen to his voice at FM Gvenu's place in Aug 2014 left me spellbound. The track was Needaya Raga. Awesome.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back