Another giant leaves us, Dr Balamuralikrishna

Very sad to hear we lost another legendary singer Shri Mangalampalli Bala MuraliKrishna Garu... May his soul rest in peace.

Though I don't listen to Indian classical music, will always remember Dr.Balamuralikrishna as the face that starts off Mile Sur Mera Tumara.

R.I.P

R I P
Sangita Kalanidhi Mangalamapalli Balamuralikrishna a recipient of France's Chevalier of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres.

TT

Kuyile kavikuyile!
Thanga ratham vanthathu !
and many unforgettable songs.
RIP - giant of carnatic sangeeth!
His voice live for ever !

I don't think his soul will rest --- I think it will soar, in the heavens, forever.

A very sad loss, although 86 is a good age. No age is good enough for the rest of us though.

And I'm caused to reflect that, yes, as I age, the fact of my mortality becomes harder to escape, but I can live with my mortality more easily that that of those I value so much, several of whom are eighty-years plus.

Balamuralikrishna made everything he touched sound beautiful. Even if he was teasing some complex laya calculation, his singing was wonderful for all of us.

A great loss.

Though, for long, I knew him to be a stalwart, my first serious listen to his voice at FM Gvenu's place in Aug 2014 left me spellbound. The track was Needaya Raga. Awesome.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back