Another new VFM brand - anyone heard of DCE ?

grunthos

Saw a new offer in Croma today. DCE brand name 5.1 speakers - two floorstanders (200 W), slightly large looking center speaker,two surrounds and a largish sub (250 W). Faux wood finish, but seemed to be solid construction - knocking didnt sound hollow at all.
The salesman didnt seem to know much about the speakers - once he said it was an Australian brand and then he said it was an in house Croma brand.
He played it for 5 min and it sounded as if the treble was a bit too high, but I am no audiophile and it was not the ideal placement - the speakers were just kept side by side. It was paired with a Yamaha amp - sorry dont remember the model.
And the price - well the entire 5.1 was for 20K :) And there was an offer going on where a 42 inch Panasonic Vu, the Yamaha amp and the speakers were going for 80K.
So anyone has heard about this brand ?

never heard of DCE......very likely to be Croma's equivalent of E-zone's Sensei....their own chinese brand.....

and what on earth is a Panasonic Vu ???? Panasonic is a respected electronics manufacturer....Vu is a rip-off electronics manufacturer.....how did these two ever get connected??

Saw a new offer in Croma today. DCE brand name 5.1 speakers - two floorstanders (200 W), slightly large looking center speaker,two surrounds and a largish sub (250 W). Faux wood finish, but seemed to be solid construction - knocking didnt sound hollow at all.
The salesman didnt seem to know much about the speakers - once he said it was an Australian brand and then he said it was an in house Croma brand.
He played it for 5 min and it sounded as if the treble was a bit too high, but I am no audiophile and it was not the ideal placement - the speakers were just kept side by side. It was paired with a Yamaha amp - sorry dont remember the model.
And the price - well the entire 5.1 was for 20K :) And there was an offer going on where a 42 inch Panasonic Vu, the Yamaha amp and the speakers were going for 80K.

and what on earth is a Panasonic Vu ???? Panasonic is a respected electronics manufacturer....Vu is a rip-off electronics manufacturer.....how did these two ever get connected??

Sorry that was my error - I confused the Viera with a Vu :)

Hi , I am in delhi and did audition the speakers that you are talking about. I was told that the speakers are from Thailand. These were being offered with 42" VU at 60K a few weeks back in Delhi.

The speakers did not sound all that great.
Not in an ideal setup as u mentioned. Speakers looked excellent but sounded ordinary, they were under 1 year warranty.

Cheers,
Aryan.

Back