Another Noob Intro

mvikred

Hi,

I'm Vikas from Hyderabad but currently working out of Bangalore.

In my effort to better understand the HiFi Audio market in India, I came across this forum - truly a repository of wealthy information.

I'm an amateur drummer and an avid music listener. I listen to everything from Blues / Jazz / Classical to Extreme metal / Mathcore / Djent / etc. Simply put, I love music and love listening to it.

However, I must admit that I've not spend a whole lot in improving the quality of my audio listening. I've convinced my dad to buy an Onkyo 7.1 receiver and the stock Onkyo speakers almost 6 years back, but I've never used it much owing to considerable travel within India and out of India.

I listen to most of my audio through my Bose Computer Monitors and my Bose on-ear headphones.

I'm currently in the process of deciding between an ATH-M50X or a Sennheiser HD 558 with a USB DAC/AMP as an entry into the world of hi-end audio.

Looking forward to see what else I can find out through this forum.

Cheers !!!

Welcome to HFV!

I have a Bose too (sounddock) and looking forward to some good upgrade :)

Yes, HFV has a wealth of information and the best thing is that people here are so friendly and ready to help.

Welcome to Hifivision... IMO, the ATH-M50X is undoubtedly the winner here. Even I'm eyeing on it from a long time.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back