Antec NSK 2480 interest?

Thanks anm & magma,

Rigid cases are better for keeping devices on top.
Rest of the things are similar to regular cases,ie. cooling, noice...

I read a lot of reviews of this SS 17b. It has a very clean face, which means it has lot of scope to mod the front.

Good things:

It also has 2 5.25 bays, so I can add an optical drive in the top one, and a touchscreen on the bottom one. There is another small lid/ gate below the 5.25s for front panel connections. I can keep the touchscreen hanging over this - as front panel may not be that much useful.

Bad things:
However, this SS 17 doesn't seem to have an IR receiver, nor does it have an included power supply, so effective cost would easily be 10-11k is a PSU is also purchased separately.

It also seems to have sharp edges, and one of the reviewers tested it by cutting off his finger ;) bad for kids at home. Some people had trouble installing fans in front - clashing with power buttons, and others installed power supply to suck air in, instead of spitting it out.

regards

@spirovious
anm has given you the reasons as to why someone would want an expensice HTPC or mod one or build one
i have tried to incorporate all those reasons in my build

@anm
the china vision 7 inch screen is correct
thats what you should look for
they are basically screens used in Carputers and double up forhometoo

@anm
the silverstone case you selected is good
i think i was offered 8-9 k not to sure
i think theres another case which prime was willing to give me for 8300rs ( LC10BE )

@rikhav and Anm
thanks for the encouragement

ive just started a build of a dual column speaker stand ( its a replica of the B&W stand ) however i will not be able to post WIP photos on new owners request
i will try to post a completed one though

Last edited:
anm
i wouldnt recommend cutting upi new cases so as to install a touchscreen

Many reasons
YOu have modded / changed the case forever! you will always have that slot in the centre so selling it/changing the touchscreen or moving to another display is a problem

another thing is ,only after seeing the actual case and taking measurements can you say whether it will incorporate the touchscreen
there are power button drivebays switches and wires to be avoided
Be ready to mod like crazy

Heating and cooling issues
displays dont run cool
they will dissipate heat inside the case
unless its a display like Zalman etc

Though i modded my case for all this i think im gonna stick with the display OUTside in the end
due to two reasons
one is cooling and the opther is ease of change of display whenever

Lastly you would be a brave man to mod a 10k rs HTPC case, that too if you are going to do it for the 1St time

thanks Magma. I think I will not be too adventurous and mod the case. I am more inclined towards adding display to 5.25 bay, hanging on the outside - and supported by a bracket that fits 5.25 bay. This is what I am imagining in my mind. Not sure whether this would work out. That is why I am looking at cases that have 2x5.25 bays - so that one is used for touchscreen and another for an optical drive.

regards

anm
i wouldnt recommend cutting upi new cases so as to install a touchscreen

Many reasons
YOu have modded / changed the case forever! you will always have that slot in the centre so selling it/changing the touchscreen or moving to another display is a problem

another thing is ,only after seeing the actual case and taking measurements can you say whether it will incorporate the touchscreen
there are power button drivebays switches and wires to be avoided
Be ready to mod like crazy

Heating and cooling issues
displays dont run cool
they will dissipate heat inside the case
unless its a display like Zalman etc

Though i modded my case for all this i think im gonna stick with the display OUTside in the end
due to two reasons
one is cooling and the opther is ease of change of display whenever

Lastly you would be a brave man to mod a 10k rs HTPC case, that too if you are going to do it for the 1St time

found a retailer whose willing to get the 2480 at last
however i was a bit late
i had already booked myslef a silverstone gd 04

found a retailer whose willing to get the 2480 at last
however i was a bit late
i had already booked myslef a silverstone gd 04

who is this retailer and whats the price quote? Can you share the details or pm me.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back