Anthem MRX 540,740,1140 AVR

SrikanthYadav

Hello All, Any anthem users in india? Want to know the performance of audio quality and channel separation, is ARC genesis room correction really worth?

Hey hi bro, ya but the current AVR doesn’t have pre outs. So thinking of buying Mrx 740 and then later get power amps.
Your current speakers don't need a power amp to drive them, the Mrx740 is more then enough for your speakers.
Incase you upgrade your speakers later in the future & you still have the mrx740 then you can add power amps.

Cheers.

Hello All, Any anthem users in india?

I have had the AVM 60 for about 4 years now. IIRC, Mark recommended this to me ahead of the others I was considering (NAD 758 and perhaps a Denon/Yamaha) and mentioned that the analog output stage of the AVM was better than the rest. Also, I got the impression that he felt that Anthem's ARC might be a more plug-and-play solution compared to Audyssey/Dirac for an audio noob like myself.

Want to know the performance of audio quality and channel separation, is ARC genesis room correction really worth?

As my room has improved, so has the quality of the sound. Not going to BS about transparency and such, but I doubt Mark would recommend something that wasn't pretty neutral to begin with. I have no measurements of channel separation to provide. Perhaps it's in the specs. I don't think I've ever listened for channel separation specifically. Come to think of it, running test tones for ARC measurements might qualify as a way to subjectively assess this. I haven't really heard any bleed to other channels when doing this.

As for ARC Genesis, the models you're considering are the latest from Anthem and they do have phase adjustment to better align the speakers with your subs (a better approach than the "sub distance tweak"). Have read good things about this feature from owners. If you want better than ARC Genesis, you'll likely have to look at units with Dirac Live Bass Control or the Trinnov.

I have auditioned MRX 1140 with my KEF R3, honestly i was not impressed. I would suggest you to consider Arcam AVRs instead.
Did you audition the 1140 with ur kef for music? If so then i am not surprised with your findings.
A stereo amp will always be superior comape to an avr for music, come what may as an avr has a lot of chips & components for multi channel usage, while a stereo amp like your SA30 has to only play on stereo so they have better components eg- dac, power supply etc.

Did you audition the 1140 with ur kef for music? If so then i am not surprised with your findings.
A stereo amp will always be superior comape to an avr for music, come what may as an avr has a lot of chips & components for multi channel usage, while a stereo amp like your SA30 has to only play on stereo so they have better components eg- dac, power supply etc.
Yes I primarily tested for music. I was keen on having one box solution for movies and music before picking the SA30. I wanted to replace my marantz SR5015 if the stereo performance was better with anthem.
I didn’t feel I gained anything from the 1140.

I gave up on it and ended up buying SA30.
I would have picked Arcam AVR provided it fit in my TV cabinet. Unfortunately the depth of the Arcam AVR was more than the available space in the tv cabinet.
Arcam AVR 10 was on my radar. I believe it would have been sufficient esp because the older Arcam avr and I auditioned in my room, sounded very good even for stereo.

I have had the AVM 60 for about 4 years now. IIRC, Mark recommended this to me ahead of the others I was considering (NAD 758 and perhaps a Denon/Yamaha) and mentioned that the analog output stage of the AVM was better than the rest. Also, I got the impression that he felt that Anthem's ARC might be a more plug-and-play solution compared to Audyssey/Dirac for an audio noob like myself.

As my room has improved, so has the quality of the sound. Not going to BS about transparency and such, but I doubt Mark would recommend something that wasn't pretty neutral to begin with. I have no measurements of channel separation to provide. Perhaps it's in the specs. I don't think I've ever listened for channel separation specifically. Come to think of it, running test tones for ARC measurements might qualify as a way to subjectively assess this. I haven't really heard any bleed to other channels when doing this.

As for ARC Genesis, the models you're considering are the latest from Anthem and they do have phase adjustment to better align the speakers with your subs (a better approach than the "sub distance tweak"). Have read good things about this feature from owners. If you want better than ARC Genesis, you'll likely have to look at units with Dirac Live Bass Control or the Trinnov.
that phase adjustment and time alignment in ARC is game changer, you could never guess how better bass sounds with that proper "sync". Much more realistic and fuller.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back