Anti-skating weight of Jelco SA50

Naturelover

Staff member
Hi,
A so called TT repair guy has managed to misplace the anti-skating weight of the Jelco SA50 on my Cosmic Cogram 4000DD :mad:. I am unable to find the exact weight of this weight. Does anyone know?

v7sgfk.jpg
2nq70pc.jpg

Hi,
A so called TT repair guy has managed to misplace the anti-skating weight of the Jelco SA50 on my Cosmic Cogram 4000DD :mad:. I am unable to find the exact weight of this weight. Does anyone know?

v7sgfk.jpg
2nq70pc.jpg

Making a duplicate one can be quite challenging. Why not look out for an old beatup TT from which you can salvage this.

One another note, be careful when you give your equipment for repairs and even to friends. Its easy for them to take out something or just remove something and say its lost. TT parts can be very expensive and valuable so one has to be very careful. I once gave a cassette player to a friend for use and got it back with its motor replaced. He just stole the original component and replaced it with a local one. I eventually got back the original as I had evidence. I always completely photograph all my equipment inside out before giving it out. I also keep a note of marking which I can identify on key components and parts. Sounds very miserly but in the current setting, not a bad practice to follow.

Last edited:
You can use approx weigh for this purpose. Try using Brass nut of approx 2 grams. Is this your tt ? I can see anti skat weight there.
Few FMs have same TT. I will confirm with them regarding weight and update.

Regards
Sachin

Last edited:
Thanks! Yes, that's what I was wanting to do. Ok, 2 grams is what I will try.
No, this is not my TT. Should have mentioned it in my post. The pics are from here. Saved me from clicking and transferring.
You sure have a sharp eye, Sachin :clapping:.

You can use approx weigh for this purpose. Try using Brass nut of approx 20 grams. Is this your tt ? I can see anti skat weight there.
Few FMs have same TT. I will confirm with them regarding weight and update.

Regards
Sachin

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back