Any alternatives to Shure M97XE

I have purchased CF3600le from LP gear.
I thought i could use it as a cheap alternative to the slightly more expensive cartridges that i have.
The cartridge is excellent sounds musical and does every thing just right.
I feel it was rightly reviewed by some users can blow away even some of the higher priced MM cartridges.
If you listen to lot of old used LPs this is the one.

I have purchased CF3600le from LP gear.
I thought i could use it as a cheap alternative to the slightly more expensive cartridges that i have.
The cartridge is excellent sounds musical and does every thing just right.
I feel it was rightly reviewed by some users can blow away even some of the higher priced MM cartridges.
If you listen to lot of old used LPs this is the one.
What was the price landed to you in INR?

Is Shibata stylus better to elliptical or spherical stylus ? Browsed net and many said Shibata stylus tracked well on worn records reducing the surface noise . Been using shure m 44-7 . Been planning for replacement . My record collection range from 1960s to present day Indian film music , classical and few English . So me too need guidance to go for Shibata stylus or elliptical stylus .
Regards
Srinivasan
Coimbatore

I am thankful to all of u for sharing your valuable inputs.I think as of now I would go for a M44-7 because Nagaoka 110 would be off my budget it seems.Maybe after some time I can go for this.
Just want to know hope both these above cartridges are compatible with my Technics SL1210 MK5 Turntable?

Kindly go for Nagoka MP110. It will cost you 100 to 110 USD to India with little Shipping.. If you requires more info on how to ordee new kindly pm me.

Recently procured Nagaoka MP 110H and I'd say it's better than Shure M97Xe. Shure 44-7 works great for beaten and warped record for bollywood oldies. I stick to Shure V15 Type III with JICO styli for longer weekend sessions. However MP110 will remain my go to cart for listening.

Sourav

Shibata Stylus : The idea of shape geometry is to have as much intimate contact with the record groove wall as possible while running through it. The specific shape helps in good modulation info retrieval and due to more contact point area less groove wall and stylus wear. Less contact point means more pressure on small area and more wear. But it needs precision alignment.

Regards.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back