Any dealer in India to buy Technics SL-1200 Mk2?

hey anil, just saw all those thorens in your sig. how does this 1210 compare? did you upgrade on arm/ cart/ needle?

TD-135 is similar in design to the TD-124 but does not have a heavy sub-platter. It has the original EMT type BTD-12S tonearm, which I did not want to touch. It is running a good condition Shure M75-EJ cart. Sound is pretty warm and nice. I cleaned and lubed the entire mechanicals and removed whatever motor and bearing noise that was there. Decent set up. One of these days, I will add the Denon DL-103 to the tonearm. Apparently it is a great match considering the liking of DL-103 for heavy mass arms.

TD-160 is a beauty. I have not changed the original TP-16 tonearm but one of these days will change to a Rega. I have replaced the motor and lubed the bearing and the tonearm. Presently running a Ortofon OM-20 cart. Quite a nice cartridge. My Shure M97 is on the way for this. Very warm and musical turntable. No wonder, Linn guys took this design as the basis for the LP12.

The SP-10 is on the way, and I bought it with a Syntec S-220 tonearm. If it is good, will keep otherwise will upgrade to a SME/Rega/Jelco...

Dual 721 is a superbly built DD turntable. Very neutral and precise. Depends a lot on the cart for the performance. Has a Ultra Light Mass (ULM) tonearm. One day the power transformer got burnt, and I got the thing rewound and now works perfectly. I have a low end Ortofon on this. Will upgrade one of these days.

Cheers.

Hello Anilva,
you have quite a few turntables. I am wondering why do you have so many turn tables. Are you a collector of TTs. I am also looking for a TT upgrade. What factors prompted you to select this Techniks turntable. At 50K it seems to be a good deal.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

Yes I like vintage turntables. I am quite impressed with the level of engineering and solid build they had and have gone about aquiring few of them. My turntable collection got built over time and did not plan that way. One lead to another. Once having crossed levels of insanity, it does not matter if you have 4 or 10.

Anyway, Technics SL-1200 is a superb turntable, which has been around for nearly 3 decades and appararently 3M units of these have been sold and is still in production. One of the rare cases of vintage equipment still in production. Great value for money and build quality. Can take a variety of cartridges and also is not sensitive to placement and is pretty easy to set up. Speed and pitch control are superb. There are many articles on the web about this table. I would recommend any day.

Cheers

Yes I like vintage turntables. I am quite impressed with the level of engineering and solid build they had and have gone about aquiring few of them. My turntable collection got built over time and did not plan that way. One lead to another. Once having crossed levels of insanity, it does not matter if you have 4 or 10.

Anyway, Technics SL-1200 is a superb turntable, which has been around for nearly 3 decades and appararently 3M units of these have been sold and is still in production. One of the rare cases of vintage equipment still in production. Great value for money and build quality. Can take a variety of cartridges and also is not sensitive to placement and is pretty easy to set up. Speed and pitch control are superb. There are many articles on the web about this table. I would recommend any day.

Cheers

I have got Fisher MT-913. Will you please throw some light on its performance and comrison with other TTs. I bought it only one month back from a returning brit.

I have got Fisher MT-913. Will you please throw some light on its performance and comrison with other TTs. I bought it only one month back from a returning brit.

I do not know much about Fisher turntables, but I only know from my college memory that they had some successful designs. Please go to www.vinlyengine.com and see what comes out on this turntable.

Cheers.

Is the new Pioneer plx 1000 available in India? Supposed to be a SL1200 clone, heavier build with rubber insulated arm. Any opinions on this table?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back