Any experience buying stuff from mx on-line

ark

hi,

I was trying to order some stuff yesterday from the MX website http://www.mdrelectronics.com .

Somehow the credit card transaction was not going through. They are using an HDFC bank gateway. Today when I tried the whole website is down.

I would like to know if anyone has experience buying from this site and comment on the quality of service received.

I noticed that they have a minimum order amount of Rs 1000/- and a shipping charge is Rs 100/- . They offer a 20% discount from the list price.

Also, in each category only the high end products are available on-line.

All that I am trying to do is to save a trip to SP road !.

Last week I got few wires and connectors from them. Payment was smooth and it got delivered within a week. Online status of order was always 'verification' till now (after delivery).;)

Yes today it seems down.

During the recently held Palm Expo in Mumbai I met the son of the owner who proudly stated that their chinese rival cos. are repeatedly hacking their site. Hence the site going for a toss...

Tried it twice. Once about a year ago, which didnt work. However, they saw the attempt and sent me a mail to make payment to their bank account. Second time was about a couple of months ago, which worked fine. Delivery was prompt and packing was good.

During the recently held Palm Expo in Mumbai I met the son of the owner who proudly stated that their chinese rival cos. are repeatedly hacking their site. Hence the site going for a toss...
That to me sounds like a lame excuse. They are on a Microsoft platform :). I got quite a few vb script errors while browsing . May be they should find a better platform or give the job to some experts. And it is not one of the best in terms of the user friendliness.

I tried buying some Banana Plugs from them. The first time the transaction was through and I received the plugs with in a week's time. There after I tried twice and for some reason their payment gateway is failing and I left it at that.

If your transaction is successful, do not worry, you will get the product shortly.

It would be better if you go down to their shop in your city if available ...Here in Hyd, I purchased a cable (stereo to RCA ) and I got it much cheaper in their shop than on the website ....It was like 280 on the site but in the shop, I got it for ~ 200 ...So give it a shot ..

It would be better if you go down to their shop in your city if available ...Here in Hyd, I purchased a cable (stereo to RCA ) and I got it much cheaper in their shop than on the website ....It was like 280 on the site but in the shop, I got it for ~ 200 ...So give it a shot ..

You will definitely get it cheaper on sp road than the web site.

There after I tried twice and for some reason their payment gateway is failing and I left it at that.
If your transaction is successful, do not worry, you will get the product shortly.
So it is not just me. This is what I wanted to know. By the way the transaction did not go through, so I am not worried.

It would be better if you go down to their shop in your city if available ...Here in Hyd, I purchased a cable (stereo to RCA ) and I got it much cheaper in their shop than on the website ....It was like 280 on the site but in the shop, I got it for ~ 200 ...So give it a shot ..[/QUOTE
True. Even e-bay is cheaper , I bought an MX power ext box from ebay which was much cheaper that MX website. I am hoping that some ebay dealer will start stocking more stuff from MX catalog soon.

You will definitely get it cheaper on sp road than the web site.
Agreed. But my volume is small and its not worth a visit to SP road wasting half day and 2 liter pertol

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back