Any fan of 90s albums?

I too was a fan of most of the artists u mentioned above.
And I am still in search of a good quality recording of Alisha‘S OM. Then I think Shiamak D has released an album which was also good. And I also liked aankhon mein tera hi Chehara song.. all those lovely days.

I too was a fan of most of the artists u mentioned above.
And I am still in search of a good quality recording of Alisha‘S OM. Then I think Shiamak D has released an album which was also good. And I also liked aankhon mein tera hi Chehara song.. all those lovely days.
I think you are referring to Shimak Davar's Jaane Kisne from album Mohabbat Kar Le. A beautiful song. So is Tere Bin Jeena Nehi by Bali Brahmbhatt.

It seems we all used to like the same songs and artists coz that time was so good. Music produced at that time was very melodious and with a modern touch. Also, most of us were probably in our teens or twenties so a bit of nostalgia is also associated.

Due to cable and dish tv we were served very high-quality non bollywood music which was new to us. Earlier we were limited to Chitarhar or physical media like cassettes and vinyl which everyone could not afford.

My favorite were Baba Sehgal, Shaan, Alisha Chinoy, Palash Sen, Junoon, Sonu Nigam, Michael Jackson, Engima, Kenny G, Pet Shop Boys, Madonna, Spice Girls, etc.
I really liked Pari Hu Mein by Suneetha Rao and Made in India by Alisha Chinoy, thought these were really high quality songs.
Punjabi fusion music too was at its peak with legendary Nusrat saab leading from the front.

Wanted to start this discussion for some time now. Apart from those events evergreen melodies from films, the 90s had another gift for us - Music Albums. Those were also referred to as Private Albums. I am sure anyone who has feeling for 90s music can't forget Baba Sehgal, Alisha, Lucky Ali, Aryans, Euphoria, Silk Route, Junoon, Falguni Pathak, Shaan, Sonu or Bombay Vikings. And then there were those one off gems like Dhuan Dhuan(Anu Malik), Solva Saal, Purani Jeans and Chahat(Harry Anand). I have painfully built a collection of such songs over the years as those are much harder to procure as compared to songs from movies. Most of them are equal to or below 320kbps but that folder is my favourite one!
Anyone with similar interests?
Any one from this golden era and saying don't like he must be lying. Those are gems of time.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back