Any ideas on Focal Chorus 816 V?

marsilians, my understanding is that you have to be careful about placement of *all* speakers. Any specific reason you have for this to be specifically directed towards a 2.5 way speaker?

I agree with your statement regarding the placement for all speakers. However I have one of the most varied experiences with placement of 2.5 way designs (and ofcourse ribbon tweeters :) ).I suspect it is because of the dual duty the midrange has to perform to reproduce the MF and LFrequencies. The Elac 108, NHT2.5i and Outlaw LCR speakers gave me the biggest grief and I never could achieve half decent experience after a loong time with placement Too much bass and muddy mids on all these. The Quad 22L on the other hand is one of hte best sounding floorstander in its price. I think it comes closest to the theoretical advantage of 2.5 way design in the few I have auditioned.

Thats why I am cautioning re: placement sensitivity

Are MTM s 2.5 way ?
I agree about the quad 22L. Quite nice. Had considered this one a few years back. I ended up with the acoustic portrait MTM design. It beat the quad in a home demo.
I found both to be very coherent with fantastic imaging. I guess it is all in the design.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back