Any Metrum DAC owners in Delhi/NCR?

Dear Kooldeep, just wanted to listen to it as it is a NOS DAC and it supposedly sounds different to regular DACs.... But as they say, listening is believing...

Would you be kind to help me with a listen and maybe some other forum members if you are ok?

Have been curious about the Metrum NOS DACs but have never been able to hear one... Any one knows a Metrum owner in the NCR region?
Hi Panditji
Recently acquired metrum octave mk2 .Im in Chattisgarh. The metrum sounds fuller with vinyl like timing , clean but relaxed sound and handles sibilant recordings very well.The top appears to be slightly rolled off (due to a solid mid bass ) which is improved in the case of HEX and Pavane due to more paralleling of chips per channel (I havnt heard either).
cheers

Thanks Himadri... That makes me want to listen to the Metrum sound more....Would be nice to hear the quantum of difference between the Metrum sound and a regular DAC like the CHord ones or even a Schiit Gungnir/Bifrost...

Kooldeep sir, where in Haryana are you based sir?

Im in Chattisgarh. The metrum sounds fuller with vinyl like timing , clean but relaxed sound and handles sibilant recordings very well.The top appears to be slightly rolled off (due to a solid mid bass )

Great to hear that, himadri. Whereabouts are you in Chattisgarh? Would you in the Durg/Bhilai region?

Great to hear that, himadri. Whereabouts are you in Chattisgarh? Would you in the Durg/Bhilai region?

Hi
Yes in Bhilai. You are welcome anytime. Im making do with an old Pioneer DVD player as a transport presently and waiting for the new marantz cd 6005 which is in transit.
cheers

No problem Pandit ji,

I am based in Hisar but next week I have plan to visit Ballabgarh for an official work. We can meet and work out on this. I will confirm you the date before visit.

Best regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back