Any Network Transport or Player that has support for Hi-Res Apple Music Lossless playback ?

mirudox

If I am not wrong ,the only way currently to stream Hi-Res Apple Music Lossless to a stereo Setup is by usb audio from iPhone/iPad/Mac(usb-c to usb-b)

Well it’s cumbersome to get up from my seating position and reach my iPad every now and then to change the song .

Spotify Music has a solution with Spotify Connect .
Apple Music has Airplay 2 but it’s limited to CD Quality or till Lossless Quality .
Audirvāna on Mac has Audirvāna Remote but it is limited to stored Media files & Tidal .

Just went through a John Darko video recently regarding the same problem he faces with Apple Music Streaming .

However, I wanted to know if there is any available devices in the market that is currently supporting Hi-Res Apple Music playback direct from the device like any Network Streamer ? Or a software available that can do the same ?

I wanted to know if there is any available devices in the market that is currently supporting Hi-Res Apple Music playback direct from the device like any Network Streamer ? Or a software available that can do the same ?

Nothing as of now, we have to do the hardwork of getting up and changing the song. Apple Music Lossless has been a huge success, people who have no idea what is lossless have bought it. I won't be surprised if Apple launches a streaming device made specifically for hifi systems.

I have made a RPi based streaming device which is based on Android OS with a HAT DAC, this way I get Tidal and Apple Music too. This is a short video how I have made it and some song tests. To my ears it sounds brilliant.

Nothing as of now, we have to do the hardwork of getting up and changing the song. Apple Music Lossless has been a huge success, people who have no idea what is lossless have bought it. I won't be surprised if Apple launches a streaming device made specifically for hifi systems.

I have made a RPi based streaming device which is based on Android OS with a HAT DAC, this way I get Tidal and Apple Music too. This is a short video how I have made it and some song tests. To my ears it sounds brilliant.

Good work ! & Nice Setup .
And yes , I shall need to wait …
Probably someone is working on a solution if not Apple …
Sonos Port is the only device that has Apple Music Integration built in .
But not capable of Hi-Res
Hope things change soon …

Since I am heavily indulged in the Apple Ecosystem, my primary collection of Music is with Apple Music. Just Yesterday , Tidal changed their Subscription plans, Spotify to follow ..
Good for Hi-fi Audio Enthusiast like us …

Plugging a USB dac into an ipad works pretty well
Yes it does. I don’t have any issues while listening on Headphones .

The issue is when I try to listen with a Stereo Speakers Setup .

My listening position is around 16-17 feet away from my Integrated Amp .

At first, I thought to invest on a 5-6 meter usb cable if it is still being made

Later I realised I shall wait for some Streamer or Roon to Integrate Apple Music..

In fact it works pretty well connecting an android phone to usb dac, using an OTG adaptor which costs less than 300 bucks.
If you already have an amazon firestick, enable the 'Apple Music' skill in alexa.

Thanks ! will look into it .
By the way, do you have any hands on experience with the Amazon Echo Link ?

Thanks ! will look into it .
By the way, do you have any hands on experience with the Amazon Echo Link ?
No. But I came across it yesterday. It has a good DAC inside (better than what is in the echo dot). There are two versions. One with an built-in amp and another without. You can connect to existing AVR using toslink, SPDIF RCA or stereo out from L+R RCA sockets.

If I am not wrong ,the only way currently to stream Hi-Res Apple Music Lossless to a stereo Setup is by usb audio from iPhone/iPad/Mac(usb-c to usb-b)

Well it’s cumbersome to get up from my seating position and reach my iPad every now and then to change the song .

Apple Music has Airplay 2 but it’s limited to CD Quality or till Lossless Quality .
Audirvāna on Mac has Audirvāna Remote but it is limited to stored Media files & Tidal .

Just went through a John Darko video recently regarding the same problem he faces with Apple Music Streaming .

However, I wanted to know if there is any available devices in the market that is currently supporting Hi-Res Apple Music playback direct from the device like any Network Streamer ? Or a software available that can do the same ?
Buddy can you please point me to the image or link of the device which you have referred here - stream Hi-Res Apple Music Lossless to a stereo Setup is by usb audio from iPhone/iPad/Mac(usb-c to usb-b)

In fact it works pretty well connecting an android phone to usb dac, using an OTG adaptor which costs less than 300 bucks.
If you already have an amazon firestick, enable the 'Apple Music' skill in alexa.

Hi
I tried this today and yes it does play music well... However while playing it doesn't show anything like lossless etc on apple music screen and the avr shows max bitrate of 48khz only... Can you tell how you got lossless and what was the max bitrate and depth you got?

Hi
I tried this today and yes it does play music well... However while playing it doesn't show anything like lossless etc on apple music screen and the avr shows max bitrate of 48khz only... Can you tell how you got lossless and what was the max bitrate and depth you got?
My DAC has led for bitrates (44.1, 48, 96 and 192). Also when connected to another DAC allo revotion DAC it shows the bit rate. I'm getting 96K bitrate for both the dacs. If I don't chose loseless audio, while playing I don't get the lossless symbol on the apple music screen.

1637396309362.png

1637395315918.png

1637395271164.png

My DAC has led for bitrates (44.1, 48, 96 and 192). Also when connected to another DAC allo revotion DAC it shows the bit rate. I'm getting 96K bitrate for both the dacs. If I don't chose loseless audio, while playing I don't get the lossless symbol on the apple music screen.

View attachment 64469

View attachment 64468

View attachment 64467
But while playing on fire stick how do I select the lossless button? It is selected in my Android app but not sure if it is reflected in fire stick as fire stick is not playing lossless

But while playing on fire stick how do I select the lossless button? It is selected in my Android app but not sure if it is reflected in fire stick as fire stick is not playing lossless
Yes. That maybe a problem. My AVR doesn't show the bitrate. Your's shows it as 48k. So it could be 48k. Let me check the internet for some answers

I lost a lot of sleep on this as well and realized it's not worth it as:

1) Mastering and recording of source material matters more than CD vs hi res
2) Most budget to mid fi gear may not even be able to utilize fully the higher sampling rates
3) Room impact is the much greater factor
4) Live with CD quality and the ease of use of something like Airplay

I lost a lot of sleep on this as well and realized it's not worth it as:

1) Mastering and recording of source material matters more than CD vs hi res
2) Most budget to mid fi gear may not even be able to utilize fully the higher sampling rates
3) Room impact is the much greater factor
4) Live with CD quality and the ease of use of something like Airplay
Very , very true. Very few people recognises this even on audio forums.

Very , very true. Very few people recognises this even on audio forums.
I've been trying some MFSL remasters off late like Dark Side of the Moon. It has further reaffirmed my belief in point 1. But need to keep reminding oneself as the numbers game on hi res can be very tempting

I've been trying some MFSL remasters off late like Dark Side of the Moon. It has further reaffirmed my belief in point 1. But need to keep reminding oneself as the numbers game on hi res can be very tempting
Go vinyl. Instead of hardware , spend money on the analog issues of classic rock records. The difference is night and day. :)
I have the MFSL , Japanese black triangle CDs of DSOTM (which are highly regarded ) and the 70s Indian pressing record , plus a 2015 LP remastered from analog tapes. The sound coming from vinyl is way , way better. No comparison. Sources matter.

Yeah, I have a vinyl setup too but in my (limited) experience there is no point comparing digital to vinyl. That organic feel of vinyl is hard to achieve (unless I guess you go 1L+ on a dac which I haven't). The convenience, availability and noise free sound of digital could never be replaced by vinyl.

Yeah, I have a vinyl setup too but in my (limited) experience there is no point comparing digital to vinyl. That organic feel of vinyl is hard to achieve (unless I guess you go 1L+ on a dac which I haven't). The convenience, availability and noise free sound of digital could never be replaced by vinyl.
Its not possible to replicate vinyl-like sound with any DAC , IMO. Convenience, yes.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back