Any new year offer for ONKYO, Yamaha HTIBs

Vijay KD

Hi Friends,

I am vijay from chennai. I am planning to buy a Home theater.
Is there any new year offer is going for Yamaha, Onkyo or other known brands.
In this forum, i have seen the thread from one person... he bought ONKYO 3100 for 13.7 k.
But the current price is 19 k in ezone, chennai.
IS there any other shop to get these systems (Onkyo or Yamaha) at a lowest price?.
Please guide me and provide the contact number and address of the shops.

Thanks in advance

Vijay

Vijay

Even If Onkyo gives you 100% discount , dont buy it. My Stores manager is having a Onkyo HTIB and it sounds like S**T. Try the JBL or save your money and buy a good HTIB after few months.

I don"t think you will get any Onkyo HTIB for Rs.less than 19900/- approx with whatever the discount they offer. Onkyos are not bad receivers. It depends on your budget. The higher you spend the better receiver you have with them until you get bankrupt. My sincere advise is NOT to opt for HTIB"s, particularly that of low budget . Go for good receiver around 30 k and add speakers to it stage by stage .

Regards

I don"t think you will get any Onkyo HTIB for Rs.less than 19900/- ... My sincere advise is NOT to opt for HTIB"s, particularly that of low budget . Go for good receiver around 30 k and add speakers to it stage by stage .

Regards
How about Onkyo HTIB for high ends . For instance Onkyo 6200 @ 46K . I mean, is it Value For Money?
Note - For many people in this forum 46K itself is low end. But defenetly not for me :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
How about Onkyo HTIB for high ends . For instance Onkyo 6200 @ 46K . I mean, is it Value For Money?
Note - For many people in this forum 46K itself is low end. But defenetly not for me :eek:hyeah:

Its cheap,but may not be VFM as you will compromise with spk.

Its cheap,but may not be VFM as you will compromise with spk.
Agreed. All those seven speakers are only one way@6 ohms.
This supplied Speaker configuration is descent for Surround L & R and Rear L & R but not for Front L & R. I hope the woofer & receiver is also good.
So if at all any upgrade is required for 6200 owners, want to know whether it is sufficient to just replace the Front L & R alone not disturbing the rest of the speakers? (sorry to hijack the thread Vijay)

Kanan Sir,
I once again reiterate . Don"t go for HTIB. You get good 5.1 receiver at 25k in Onkyo . Initially use Whrafdale 10.1 as fronts and as your budget permits you can add other speakers depending on your pocket . Onkyo speakers provided in this package ( at this rate ) are hopeless and for that matter Onkyos are famous for Receivers / Amplifiers and not for Speakers.

Regards

Onkyo is on sale at the Forum Value Mall in Bangalore. It was a tiny little shop on 2nd floor, not much of demo space. The deals weren't anything really that good.

HTS6200 - 7.1 - 49K
HTS6200 + Philips blu ray - 59K
HTS6200 + Philips blu ray + Panasonic 40 inch - 1,15,000

I was looking to see if I can mix and match with other speakers, but he had only Elac, Pure acoustics and those big floor standing Klipsch. Not much variety to choose from. I was looking for Polks.

Best is to checkout a place which has multiple brands. Anyone know where that would be in Bangalore? Is it xcite, profx? any thing on outer ring road?

Like someone said here, for that money you can buy a good receiver and build a speaker set of your choice. Normally HTIB speakers are a compromise and if u are going to shell out nearly 50k for a HTIB, it will be better to go for a nice 5.1 receiver from Yam or Denon and get separate speakers.

I understand everyone suggests not to go for HTiB, but can soemone suggest a Amp/Spkr configuration @50K that would be better than Onkyo 6200?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back