Any one tried Adcom GFA 555 SE Power Amplifier ?

balavignesh002

Came across the new Adcom GFA 555 SE amp, are they as good as 555 MKII ? Wonder if any one have buying experience and usage reviews for them in India, please share it across, would be a great help.

Have heard the Adcom, personally as a few said, I feel better suited for HT rather than purely for music. Feel it lacks that finesse for pure 2ch music. (No offence meant). Cheers.

I have the GFA 545 MKII, a great 100 wpc channel amp, needs a proper preamp to bring the best out of it. Once you do though, this very sturdy amplifier is a revelation.

i also had pre matching issues back when i had those 555 power.
someone had suggested highend model pre from adcom itself but never found them, so had to sell the power.

The original GFA designs GFA are by Nelson Pass. I have the GFA 535mkii version which is very good.
Though I do not use it now in my main system, it is in my permanent collection as of now.
I have not though heard any of the later GFA versions.
May I know which year it was made by sir? Are contemporary models made with same quality?

May I know which year it was made by sir? Are contemporary models made with same quality?
In the mid 80s is when I think Nelson was on their designing board and improved on the Adcom GFA555...some say he totally rebuilt on the original design, His version was a huge commercial success. It put out 200 watt into 8 ohms load.
Adcom later launched the version mkii which I read had triple darlington output instead of the original 2. I think this was espoused by Nelson himself.
It was a very powerfull amplifier and the one I have is its baby version at around 60 watt RMS per channel into 8 ohm load in dual mono configuration..
Another not well known fact is that Nelson also contributed to their car audio amplifier line at that time. I have one of that too, the GFA-4302.

tamyzu2y.jpg

Last edited:
In the mid 80s is when I think Nelson was on their designing board and improved on the Adcom GFA555...some say he totally rebuilt on the original design, His version was a huge commercial success. It put out 200 watt into 8 ohms load.
Adcom later launched the version mkii which I read had triple darlington output instead of the original 2. I think this was espoused by Nelson himself.
It was a very powerfull amplifier and the one I have is its baby version at around 60 watt RMS per channel into 8 ohm load in dual mono configuration..
Another not well known fact is that Nelson also contributed to their car audio amplifier line at that time. I have one of that too, the GFA-4302.

View attachment 41296

Sir, What preamp you used with Adcom 535 ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back